Quick computer problem question

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something happened to my pc, the windows open up to like %30, then I have to maximize them. Really annoying. Well, I got them to open up %100 but now when I click on a link posted here or email it does the %30 thing. How do I get links to open up %100?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes this happens to me. Leave it at the 30% then drag it open to the 100% and close all the other small ones. Then open a new window out of the now 100% one. Close the original and then you can open the others just fine.

-Jason

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try this:

Open IE and right click any URL that will give you the 'Open in New Window' option
and open it. Now close the first IE window that was open. Now drag the borders of
the second window to fill the screen (Do not use the maximize button). Now hold the
'CTRL' key and click the 'X' to close the window. All IE windows should now open
to this setting.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
x-ray said:
Try this:

Open IE and right click any URL that will give you the 'Open in New Window' option
and open it. Now close the first IE window that was open. Now drag the borders of
the second window to fill the screen (Do not use the maximize button). Now hold the
'CTRL' key and click the 'X' to close the window. All IE windows should now open
to this setting.

[/ QUOTE ]That worked, thanks.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I found a new way to do this too. I don't know if it will work when you click on links to open a new window, but it will work for your shortcuts and quicklaunch icons. Right click, go to properties. Under the shortcut tab there is a thing that says run. It likely says "normal window". Change this to maximized. Then when you click on that, it will keep your window maximized. Like I said, don't know if it works when opening existing windows, but it likely will IF your current window is maximized. Then again, I don't know.

Spud