Quick trip: What could possibly go wrong?

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My parents came from farm families, and I married into a farm family, so I hope you understand why I am a little sensitive about this.

Our nation lives on the food production of only 2% of the population--yes, that's right, our farmers are only 2% of the population. In addition, most years we export all kinds of agricultural goods to the rest of the world. Probably the most unappreciated group of workers in the nation are the farmers/ranchers and the other food industry workers.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounded like a good gig..
I spent few months around Wichita, aero job. Boeing had a cafeteria too. Can't work on empty...
From what I see and hear in the news, Wichita and Kansas City metro areas are real cesspools of humanity. Lots of crime, compared to the rest of the state, small wonder, that is where the majority of the population is. Don't get me wrong, some of the smaller, depressed towns are having problems with drugs. Too bad, if it weren't for that, they would probably be nice places to live and work, if their small industry came back. Globalization affected smalltown, USA, too. The pro-gun people in Wichita were largely responsible for pushing through concealed carry in Kansas, and eventually Constitutional Carry. I wonder what effect if any that has had on Wichita's crime statistics...hmmm. Might have to look into that.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, on and off between aerospace and shipyards. Toxic work environment in both industries.
I almost returned to Wichita to work for Beechcraft. Tho never did..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You living in NYC, I would think you would never do that. I'm surprised.
Been here since 1979.
Put a person in any wacked out, diseased environment; they get used to it. It becomes a daily routine. Especially if they are there for decades.
- Druggie screaming on the street corner.
- "Homeless" person pulling out a working cellphone.
- Brain-dead mayors and their idiotic policies.

I could list more, but not trying to hit the CPF character limit.
(Which admittedly is much higher than most folks realize.)
Stuck here due to family obligations.

You get used to things. Complacency sets in. I learned from my mistake. I hope others learn from my mistake too.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_9570.jpeg

Surf's up dude