Canada to go to all zero emission passenger vehicles by 2035

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Let's see, so far we've got child labor, missing kids, ev's are great, ev's suck, a guy who lives really really really cheaply, how do 4 rolls fit into the space of one, turd covered streets, yet nothing about doors flying off airplanes or pepsi is better than coke..... perhaps by post 500 the topics will include those too.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you mention it, i like coke that is made with cane sugar, not corn syrup. it comes in glass bottles and made in mexico. Also during passover month coke and pepsi that comes mostly in 2l bottles with yellow caps, those are made with sugar. but they still are not as good as mexican coke.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Let's see, so far we've got child labor, missing kids, ev's are great, ev's suck, a guy who lives really really really cheaply, how do 4 rolls fit into the space of one, turd covered streets, yet nothing about doors flying off airplanes or pepsi is better than coke..... perhaps by post 500 the topics will include those too.
Your not going to like that this guy's predictions. They have come true using Moore's law and other scientific methods.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you mention it, i like coke that is made with cane sugar, not corn syrup. it comes in glass bottles and made in mexico. Also during passover month coke and pepsi that comes mostly in 2l bottles with yellow caps, those are made with sugar. but they still are not as good as mexican coke.
Most of the Mexican Coke is made with corn syrup now too. It's the same stuff. Placebo and all that. Coke is better with rum and lime juice. Pepsi is better by itself.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
One reason the "market" chose the horseless carriage was because of pollution. Yup, those turd covered streets in big cities led the masses to choose the horseless carriage once they were widely available.

View attachment 55787

Now it took a time but eventually there were enough feedding troughs we call gas stations to keep them going. No gubment mandates would have worked until the nation had enough ways to fuel the horseless carriage.

The same will happen with electric cars eventually. Those folks who rode around in their horseless carriages all looking down their noses at the rest had no idea how come the rest chose to keep using the current mode of transportation. It took about 40 years but eventually all but a select few like the Amish culture chose the horseless carriage.
Looks like the same progressive cities obsessed with forcing everyone into EV's are the ones that are bringing back turd covered streets.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the Mexican Coke is made with corn syrup now too. It's the same stuff. Placebo and all that. Coke is better with rum and lime juice. Pepsi is better by itself.
True, not all mexican coke is made with sugar, You read the bottle, I just never seen anyone else make coke with cane sugar, that is sold in usa.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your not going to like that this guy's predictions. They have come true using Moore's law and other scientific methods.

Lol, i 'm not taking seriously his prediction, so it wont disapoint me. I believe in reality, i see over 1000 buick dealerships refuse to sell electrics, i see ford can't sell what they already build, i see hertz selling 20000 teslas cuz they do not worth the troubles, i see china can't sell their EV, and how they explode on streets, i see ford lightnings catch on fire on dealer's parking lots, i see junk yards and body shops refuse to take and work on EV. i see 20-60k price tag to replace batteries, But you believe predictions, so lol, watch your step when you walk in SF.

Buff

Enlightened
Some people just like old cars. Like working on them like a hobby. Like calling a company to order something because they like humans and the personal touch.
If all electric will be way better and cheaper then once again no mandates are necessary. Let the markets and the people make the decisions not a government dictate. JMHO

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing i got to give EV is crazy quick acceleration, 120k s plaid beats 3 mil bugatti in 1/4 and 0-60. A buddy of mine has X with ludicrous package ,it is insane how quick it is, and it is not even plaid. but it drains batteries when driven hard faster than jets burns fuel, if you stepping on it, expect your range to drop by a lot, and if you use heat/ac even more. It is not his only car, which is what common with EV owners, vast majority has more than 1 car. and the other one is not an EV.

Buff

Enlightened
IMG_0997.jpeg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Watching race the sun right now I've seen it so many times it's a movie about kids building a solar car it's a true film if I recall

Buff

Enlightened
Mine moved my whole house when we moved across town in Florida. Furniture/appliances everything.
Then when we left Florida we had to hire a moving company ($8000) but no way we could have done that to NC but i did make 7 trips to the dump with Big Red. Then i sadly sold it.
Looking for an older one up here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.