• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 26 Gauge Silicone wire

Mohrenberg

Newly Enlightened

Hello everyone! I'm wandering around to different hobby forums outside of LaserPointerForums to see if there is any interest outside of LPF for silicone wire.

As far as my reputation and trustworthiness, there may be a few people here who know me from LPF and are willing to vouch for me. I've also got a good standing 210 rep Ebay account under "Mohrenberg"
I've successfully completed 1000's of deals through LaserPointerForums.com

26AWG Silicone wire
**Item in stock, ready to ship**
32581d1304648506-fs-26awg-silicone-wire-siliconewiree.jpg

[yt]NDTA-IGiXN4[/yt]
This is 26AWG Silicone insulated electrical wire. Super flexible and heat resistant. Contains 65 separate 44AWG wire strands. There are 5 colors available and the wire is sold by the foot. This is the best wire your going to find for your laser buildings needs. As well as the cheapest for this size.
This wire is sold by the foot. Adding a quantity of 100 will buy you 100 ft. ect....
Price:$0.17/ft
Buy Now!!
Http://LaserEmp.com

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take 100 ft

I'll Paypal you when you confirm the additional cost for shipping to the UK

Thanks

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mohrenberg,

Would you be willing to consider, or possibly have plans to sell this wire in heavier gauges, like 22? I have a couple upcoming projects where my stiff, teflon jacket 20 ga. is gonna' be a pain. I probably only need 40 ft., but would buy 100' if it helps make it worthwhile.

This could potentially be a popular gauge around here as it handles decent current, and also fits through the wire holes in heatsinks made for Mag mods, whereas 20 ga. tends to have trouble (almost impossible on some heatsinks).

Last edited:

Mohrenberg

Newly Enlightened
The only problem is that I had to purchase 10,000ft to get it at this cost so doing multiple gauges would probably not be idea unless there is a very high demand for it.

What kind of current are you looking to push through it? When the wire comes i could send you a sample of this wire and you could see how it performs. We normally don't put more than 2-3A through this wire in our laser hobby so it hasn't really been pushed any farther than that so far. I sent out multiple samples for people to test it's limits but have yet to hear back any results.

@tx101 I'll PM you and update the list in the morning. Thanks!

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say the most common amperage would be in that range but many on the forums will want wire for high amp LED builds. Something in the range of 5-7A. Most P60 builds will be in the 2-3A range and most Mag mods will be higher.

The only problem is that I had to purchase 10,000ft to get it at this cost so doing multiple gauges would probably not be idea unless there is a very high demand for it.

What kind of current are you looking to push through it? When the wire comes i could send you a sample of this wire and you could see how it performs. We normally don't put more than 2-3A through this wire in our laser hobby so it hasn't really been pushed any farther than that so far. I sent out multiple samples for people to test it's limits but have yet to hear back any results.

@tx101 I'll PM you and update the list in the morning. Thanks!

Mohrenberg

Newly Enlightened
My main "competitor" who originally sold this wire (same gauge but thicker silicone wall) stated it could handle 8A, however I can't back up those claims.

I'm going to start bugging people who have gotten this wire to run some tests. I'm also sending the manufacturer an e-mail, as I would think they would know.

Edit: I sent him an e-mail asking about rated amps and volts. I also found out that this silicone insulation is rated up to 392 degrees farenheit

Last edited:

Mohrenberg

Newly Enlightened
Bump and a little update. The wire is suppose to ship to me tomorrow (from California to Missouri)
I sent an e-mail to confirm everything is still on schedule. Assuming it is, everyone's wire should be ready to ship out by the end of this week.

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
Any plans to supply 3/64" heat shrink tubing i.e. something that would work well for single wire connections?
Thanks for any help.