LD40 on bike?

bbb74

Enlightened
I'm wondering if anybody thinks an ld40 would go ok on a bicycle. I usually have a quark aa2 turbo and an ld20 mounted using twofish lockblocks, but was thinking about adding some more lumens and throw. Or do you think its not worth it with the ld40 replacing one of those two on my handlebars? Its 240 lumens vs about 180. I don't need the runtime of the ld40 as my commute is less than an hour. I just want lumens :)

And for general outside walk around use, would an ld40 be much more impressive than the quark turbo? Otherwise I might have to get a tk41 :)

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if anybody thinks an ld40 would go ok on a bicycle. I usually have a quark aa2 turbo and an ld20 mounted using twofish lockblocks, but was thinking about adding some more lumens and throw. Or do you think its not worth it with the ld40 replacing one of those two on my handlebars? Its 240 lumens vs about 180. I don't need the runtime of the ld40 as my commute is less than an hour. I just want lumens :)

And for general outside walk around use, would an ld40 be much more impressive than the quark turbo? Otherwise I might have to get a tk41 :)

I commute on my bike regularly, and I've found a floody light on my handlebar works best for me actually, but I also use a light on my helmet as well. If your handlebar lights are your only lights, throw would certainly be more useful though.

I other than the difference in tint, I don't think you'd see much of a brightness difference between the two, just adding more if you're using it in addition to the other two. But, I think the tint difference might be an issue for you; the LD40 is a neutral and your other two are cool tints; you might not like them anymore after you start using the LD40. Ever since I started using neutral lights, I can't stand cool tints.

uknewbie

Banned
I use a Fenix lock with an Elektrolumens EDC-MCE. Very floody, 900 lumens-ish. Makes a great bike light if you justify the cash. Only get about an hour runtime though but you could take spare cells with you.

Give the LD40 a go though, see if you like it I guess.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
There might be some issues with getting an LD40 onto a handlebar with just lock-blocks. I use them myself, on both my handlebars and my helmet, but the LD40 is larger and heavier so it might not work too well... Maybe two of them together? Perhaps one on each side of the stem with the light mounted on its side, so that each block is on the top/bottom of the light respectively? (and probably a piece of foam or some other padding under the body of the light to protect it from banging on the stem in that configuration)