who makes the smallest 5w? including mods

oldeng95

Enlightened
I have seen some small luxeons throwing a big punch, but what is the smallest luxeon i guess including 1w as well

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The SMALLEST 5-watter is probably the TW4 - a SureFire KL4 head mounted to a 1 CR123A cell body.
I don't know what the smallest 1-watter is. Maybe the Firebug, or maybe something else.

Somebody else will have to chime in here with that knowledge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my Arc LS with a 5W V3U driven at 670mA qualifies. It's the same size as an Arc LSH that most are familiar with. I think this is smaller than an L4 on an E1e. Don't have an E1 body to compare with. I made my own LS3 when they sold out too fast for me to get one. It's driven harder than the LS3 which I believe was driven at 333mA. It smokes my L4 when I drive the L4 on 1x123. More efficient circuit i presume or better LED. Beam is the characteristic X shape with NX05 optic.

Here's a picture of it on a 2x123 body. It's what I use most of the time unless I want to blow someone away, then I stick it on a 1x123 twistie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fb6db059.jpg

CM

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the smallest 5w is made by the guy that makes all the small lights we want. Powered by 2 CR2s, it is definitly the smallest 5w I ever seen. Didnt have a KL1+E1e with me to compare, but it was definitly skinnier, and maybe a little shorter and way brighter. ( Post intentionally left vague so ''da man'' isnt flooded with emails!'')

oldeng95

Enlightened
your killing me........the guy......who what guy... do you have a site i cant check out????

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, stop teasin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Who's "da man"? You're killing us all.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you can get one of his smallest 1W lights if you win the CPF Benefit Auction.

Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS - This really is the only way to get one of his creations because he has neither the time nor the desire to make runs for sale.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan,

My mods are pretty mediocre compared to the ones done by others here who have shown real creativity in making their own light basically from the ground up. They're not worthy IMO to the likes of McGizmo's, tvodrd's, and others (you know who you are) mods that I consider real outstanding in the realm of illumination tools enhancements /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just swap and grind parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM