Poll: Thrunite Neutron owners, does your light have a wobbly head?

Does youe neutron have a wobbly head

• Total voters

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out how widespread the issue of the wobbly head is. It seems most prevalent on the 1A, but I have now heard reports of it on the other models. I don't know if it is the vocal minority who has the problem (I am one of those) or whether it plagues a majority of the lights. It could be that some lights have the problem and it doesn't bother the owner. Let me hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

1. Yes my 1A has the problem
2. No my 1A does not have the problem
3. I have a different model of neutron and it still has a wobbly head
4. I have a different model of neutron and there is no problem.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only way my 1A head wobbles is if I loosen it past the o-ring. Since it takes less than a quarter turn to get to the mode selection I would say that it is not wobbly in use. Once I give the head a full turn than it's wobbly. But I'd never use my light with the head that loose. It's long enough without adding threads and length to an already long aa light. Keep a lubes o-ring and this is a great light ;)

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
I have a 1A and 1C, both with the wobbly head issue. If I loosen the heads more than "normal" the lights don't flicker or change modes. The head still wobbles, but causes no major issues. These are great little lights, but they definitely aren't perfect.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
If it wasn't for the wobbly head, this light would be darn near perfect for my needs. The other issues that have been brought up about it don't really bother me much, bt I can't get past the head wobble. There just is no other 14500 light out there right now that has this kind of output yet still keeps the low modes intact. You can have your high output but still have the ability for long battery life.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got 1A, 1C, 2A and have no wobble head.
These have a slight wobble when the head loosened & no battery installed,
but no wobble with battery even though the head loosened.
Very good EDC lights!

Last edited:

MaffShepherd

Newly Enlightened
I have a 1A and yes it wobbles, other than that issue its an amazing EDC.

Does anyone have a work around to overcome the problem?

Napalm

Enlightened
I had a 1A with no wobble. No longer with me since I disliked the idea of the battery/tube making contact directly to the head PCB thin layers without any kind of reinforcement. Would have kept it otherwise.

Nap.

j2k

Newly Enlightened
Very wobbly head on my 1A. So bad I don't use it anymore :( The machining on my 2A is perfect thou, no wobble. Definitely a problem with my 1A body tube. Tail cap wobbles too if loosened a little.

On top of that the tail spring is too weak and got compressed by the battery so the light flickers if shaken. Dubious quality control @ Thrunite and lack of any warranty solutions. I'm dissapointed.

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
Another 1A with a wobbly head here. It skips modes unless you loosen the head really far. Mine is also very picky about which 14500's it accepts, I have only one that will work in it. Shame cause it could have been a great little light.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
2A (neutral) and yes, head wobble at 1/4 turn.

Otherwise a nearly ideal light for me.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new 2A that has this issue. I like the UI but the wobbly head feels very cheap. I would bet I could snap it off given a little force. I was very disappointed by the "neutral" tint. It is nowhere near neutral. I have neutal Zebralights, Quarks, Malkoffs, Dereelights, Fenix, etc and compared to all of those the Neutron is VERY warm. There is nothing neutral about it. It is warm. I would say it is around a 7C tint bin. If I wanted a warm tint, I would not have ordered neutral.

Lighteous

Enlightened
4. I have a different model of neutron and there is no problem.

I have the 1C with no wobble.

I like the 1C very much. So much so that I would have purchased other models, including, especially, the 2AA but for the wobble issue raised by so many on CPF.

Last edited: