Plastic Angle Light Headlamp?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen anything like this but maybe it exists? How about a plastic angle light with a 1/8 inch bungee type of headband running on one battery with medium and low settings.

Medium would be for hiking and a real low for reading or setting up a tent. With a bungee headband you could wrap it around the light (maybe it even has a little clip to hold the bungee) and carry it everywhere.

Bungee would probably be fine if the unit was made of plastic as it would be light enough. Most headlamps on high are brighter than one wants. A realistic medium setting and a low setting would be fine especially for a small one battery headlamp.

Loosen the bungee a bit and it could also be used at chest level.

This is basically a plastic Zebralight with a bungee cord. Does something similar exist?

With many smaller headlamps the issue is that the headband is bigger than the light.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
if the size of the band is your main concern, you could totally diy with some shockcord or 1/2 inch elastic... or take a look at the Mammut S-flex. it's all plastic, has a skinny band, has a floody beam with around the right levels. or maybe one of the Petzl Zipkas?

as for angle lights... the fenix mc10 is mostly plastic and i tried clipping it into a nike headband once. i clipped it in upright, just in front of my ear. you can guess it was uncomfortable and wasn't that effective. that's the only plastic angle light i can think of that's compact enough for your intended use... actually, even the mc10 is probably too big for that.

there's the Quarrow Fisherman's Fingertip. it's only 10 bucks, mostly aluminum. i've never used one, but saw one in a local store, and thought about it. based on the user reviews, reliability seems to be an issue.

Last edited: