Flashlights and misc. in your car's console?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
What kind of flashlights and accessories do you keep in your car's console or glove box? I recently looked in mine and I'm thinking I have a problem, LOL.

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

console3.jpg

-

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you have a problem! There aren't enough lights in there! lol

By the way, on your 6P / XM-L combo, do you have any fit issues with the dropin? Did you have to remove or modify the spring? I've found that on SolarForce and Thrunite, the outer spring is too large to go down into a Surefire; if I take the spring off, it seems to work okay in a 6P and C2, but the G2 won't make contact. I was just wondering if there was a better solution because running it without the outer spring seems like it might lead to some intermittant contact problems.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Yes you do!

34 C.D's All Jazz (incl. everything Patricia Barber has ever done). CD player cleaning gear.

A Fenix TK11 R5 and a Surefire E1E. Old body, (three flats).

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those alkalines in your console?

Yikes alkalines! :green: I would replace those with Energizer lithiums as I have seen too many alkalines leak when stored in my car.I have a SF G2 incan, Energizer 2AA Industrial/LED drop-in and a 2D Mag/LED drop-in.I use AA lithiums in both the Energizer and 2D Mag using AA to D adapters in the latter.I may yet add an INOVA X5 or the new 2-mode X1 if it pans out.I prefer to keep several modestly priced lights in my car and truck that I would be less upset about if they were stolen.Usually I have fauxtons as give-aways it is very generous of you to offer the EOS A3!:thumbsup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Looks like you're well prepared for darkness. Yes, no doubt about it. You are a true flashaholic. :thumbsup:

Geoff

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I can't believe you have all those brand-new lights in there!

adw75

Newly Enlightened
Very nice collection, however I would be worried about the batteries not being in some kind of case to protect from shorting out....

just my 2 cents.

Alan

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Haha, I can't believe you have all those brand-new lights in there!

Yeah man, I bet I give away at least two per week. I think I am close to one hundred of the iTP's as gifts in the last year. These little lights are the best gifts I have ever seen. EVERYONE loves getting one, and I love giving them away!

-

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
flashlights are still beeing transported back to the car (i changed my car month ago and emptied the previous cars stashes into a box and then added few to the new car)

1. solarforce L2m (cr123)
2. dx led lenser 1aa clone. (lithium aa)
3. itp a3 (eneloop aaa)
4. four dx fauxtons.
5. alpkit gamma headlamp

spare batteries: 2 cr123s, 2 eneloop AA and 1 AAA lithium.
(not sure what else i have there anymore. but those are the lights in my car at the moment, the ones i know of)

misc in the center console/between seats: two sanrenmu knives (710 and the small one with axis type lock and beer opener notch) sharpie, pen, pencil, another "sharpie" with fine and normal tip, mp3 cd with heavy and hard rock, zipties, leatherman squirt s4 and ballpeen hammer. i think that was all. (i just went thru that stuff yesterday to pick all the coins out of the bottom of the console)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah man, I bet I give away at least two per week. I think I am close to one hundred of the iTP's as gifts in the last year. These little lights are the best gifts I have ever seen. EVERYONE loves getting one, and I love giving them away!

-

That's impressively generous! I wish I was your friend :laughing:

My car console has my Led Lenser P7 (the only AA light I have that I don't mind leaving out in the car) and it's holster with some lithium AA's, a few CR123's for whatever light I might have with me, and a few coin cell squeeze lights for giveaways.

In my trunk I have an old 2mil candlepower rechargeable spotlight. Got it cheap several years ago, and it has surprised me by staying in great working condition so far.