Koppo Lanyard, pics on AA lights

tbenedict

Enlightened
I saw the Koppo Lanyard video below and initially tried it with some CC tether cord. It is such a simple knot that provides grip, a wrist loop, tether to leave hanging out of the pocket, and you can use the loop to attach to your fingers for hands free use. It also keeps the light from rolling off the table and does not interfere with tailstanding.

Anyhow, I thought I would throw something together to share.

A few pics:

V10A-3.jpg

V10A-1.jpg

V10A-2.jpg

DSC00069-1.jpg

Well, I can't seem to embed the video and have it save. Here is a link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQjyFc2AgS0

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used that setup for years on various MiniMags without ever being aware of the correct name for it.

Simple to tie and useful.

It's also a good way to carry a bit of extra paracord along, which can come in handy for hanging the light from a branch, tree trunk, or inside a tent.

tbenedict

Enlightened
Yeah, unless you are trying to tie it perfectly, it only takes a minute or two. I wasn't a fan of the V10A clip for my use and it feels slippery when trying to click it sometimes. This adds the traction and gives it some anti-roll along with all the obvious additions. It protects the light some.

Even though I have plenty, I haven't used regular paracord for this yet. Gutted, it may be just a thin.

tbenedict

Enlightened
I figured this would generate a bigger buzz. I really encourage folks to try this with any kind of string. It's amazing the utility it can add and is uber-simple to tie.