• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired * WITHDRAWN * McGizmo LS27 for sale

fourdogs

Newly Enlightened
Hi there.....

I'm putting my only McGizmo up for sale. I don't know how to post pictures here but you can pm me with your email and I'll send a few, but I'm not a professional photographer. Maybe someone would be willing to post a few pictures for me.

I bought mine in pristine condition about three years ago from a CPF member who was the original owner. I've carefully used mine on occasion in the house, and a few times briefly in the back yard. Never bumped, never dropped, and never carried. The rest of the time it's been in a soft case put away.

Last edited:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McGizmo LS27 for sale

ls27v2.jpg

ls27.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator

Please resize your photos to no larger than 800 X 800.
Norm

helios123

Enlightened

Tempting..
How does the operation work on this light?

fourdogs

Newly Enlightened

Gosh, I would have thought someone would have snapped this up by now. :thinking: Sorry for no sexy pictures. This is one of Dons best and rarest lights. I truly hate to let it go. It's been lovingly cared for. Not a scratch or mark on it. I'd rate it at 99% only because I've sparingly used it. The tether has gone around my neck anytime I've used the light. That way it's always been safeguarded against a possible slip.

I'm not a flashaholic, just someone who saw the intrinsic value in the Luna Sol concept. I don't buy and sell here, so not part of the club. I do have an ebay account with 100 % positive feedback. Btw.....the price is firm and I'll withdraw the offer if no one is interested. Thanks you.

fyrstormer

Banned

Gosh, I would have thought someone would have snapped this up by now. :thinking:
Sadly, the current economy is not as good as it was when the LS27 was made. Keep in mind, it was made at the peak of the housing bubble, when almost everyone had at least a couple thousand $$$ in imaginary money with no real collateral to back it up, and that's the best kind of money to spend on something real like the LS27. Not many people have that kind of money kicking around nowadays.

It's only been a couple days, give it some more time and someone may yet come along.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a good price and this is the type of light that takes a special buyer. Be patient, your huckelberry will come along and it costs you nothing to bump every now and again. If it makes you feel any better, I'd buy it if I were a collector!

fourdogs

Newly Enlightened

Yes, life was good for many when the LS27 came out. :party: Then there seemed to be a mass sell off ( of Don's lights and others ) when the economy tanked. :eek: Those were some tough times for many. :( I only had one light, so no worries about being overextended.

I can't think of a more useful and more beautiful light than the LunaSol 27. Never thought I would offer it for sale. It's just that it never hurts in todays world to have a little extra money on hand, but you can't derive enjoyment from money ( I can't ) and once the money is gone it's gone....and so is the light.

Some might have noticed I joined CPF in 2010 so how could have I bought my light three years ago. Long story. I've been following CPF for the past several years. I guess we'll leave it go at that. I don't want to prolong the agony, so if the light doesn't sell quickly I'll withdraw the offer. A LunaSol27 is like money in the bank.....wait it's better than money in the bank. It's functional high art, and who can really put a price on that :)

Everyone have a good day, and take care.:wave:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I expect it will sell this weekend.

In the past there seemed to be alot more action on the weekend. With the longest day in North America just passed I've noticed that flasholoscism (hmm, spelling) seems to weaken in spring / summer versus the fall / winter. This is under the presumption that the majority of buyers are in the Northern Hemisphere.

fyrstormer

Banned

Personal payments via Paypal don't include a service charge, as long as they're paid from a bank account. The service charge only applies to payments funded with credit cards.

fourdogs

Newly Enlightened

Personal payments via Paypal don't include a service charge, as long as they're paid from a bank account. The service charge only applies to payments funded with credit cards.

Can you point me to that link ? I've always been charged paypal fees when selling on ebay. Taken from paypal's Transaction Fees for Domestic Payments... ' It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services. The standard rate for receiving payments for goods and services is 2.9% '

If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me. I'm not about to say the money is a gift. Funny that .....ten years ago I sold my $50,000 Audio Research stereo piece by piece over the internet with no pictures and all funds were sent USPS money orders. Does anyone realize if you are defrauded with a USPS MO the feds are called in. It's a criminal offense and someone's going to jail. That's part of what makes postal money orders safe. Besides....I'm totally honest. You can take that to the bank :)

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am sure you are right. Using PayPal is never free for the seller. Maybe the buyer doesn't pay any fees if they transfer funds...but the seller always has to pay to receive the dough.

obi

mikegebbia

Newly Enlightened

Someone once told me this as well, but anytime I've used PAYPAL as a Seller I had to pay fees...

fyrstormer

Banned

The "Personal Transfer" option, which I think is not available for eBay transactions, allows the buyer to specify whether they or the seller will "eat" the transaction fee. However, since adding my bank account to my Paypal account, Paypal no longer bugs me to pay any fees at all as long as I use the Personal Transfer option. The Personal Transfer option won't transmit a shipping address to the seller, because it's not technically supposed to be used for sales, but that can be gotten around by the buyer typing a shipping address into the Comment textbox on the payment form.