My 1st complex mod, NEED HELP!!

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
Man this thing is 3 months in planning, buying parts, reading forums and threads, etc. I finally got the nerve to try and build this 3x-Xpg P60. I have a solarforce L2P host and an L2T on its way. Im going to get a A001 or Cryos head.

The epoxy is setting up now and I had to disassemble a tail-cap switch to get the spring and board for the positive end of the copper tube. I used two copper 1950's pennies soldered together and soldered to the copper tube for the LED board baseplate. I will take a complete picture and beamshots when done.

A teaser pic for now......

3xpg.jpg

Last edited:

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
Re: My 1st complex mod-->> NEED HELP!!!

OK I have a problem. This board is a Master programmable board. It blinks red when I turn it on and the a tiny red light stays lit. I get NO white lights. The board has two extra gold pins on the right side. What do I do with those. The Lux site has no instructions that I can find to make this thing work.

Frustrated!

L333_variants.jpg

Last edited:

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
Never mind, I toasted one of the gold pins off the board. POOF!

Good thing I bought a spare.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I think that you just supply positive and negative and then hook up a momentary button. the problem is, that this is not easy to solve in a p60 host, as you need more room to put another wire parallel to the battery. it would be easier if you just bought a 3x xp-g board and a separate 3 to 5 mode driver which only gets + and -. In my eyes it looks like you bought the wrong board for the purpose. i'd put it in a mag ;)

molon_labe

Newly Enlightened
I think that you just supply positive and negative and then hook up a momentary button. the problem is, that this is not easy to solve in a p60 host, as you need more room to put another wire parallel to the battery. it would be easier if you just bought a 3x xp-g board and a separate 3 to 5 mode driver which only gets + and -. In my eyes it looks like you bought the wrong board for the purpose. i'd put it in a mag ;)

Read post 3. I burnt the post off the board. It worked fine when I held it down with my fingers. I will use a heatsink on the post bottoms for my next board. I have a spare.

That was a 40 dollar mistake melting the board.