How reliable is a Xeno E03?

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning on getting the E03 but I'm suspicious especially about the brand. I don't feel comfortable buying from an unknown brand especially Chinese cause they break easily. I had a Fenix and it broke within 6months. Does anyone have the light? Does it overheat? How reliable is it? Do you think it breaks easily? (400 lumens on a single on 14500 or AA doesn't look usual. Anyone own the light if you do please share your experience. I forgot to mention how is the throw on max???

Last edited by a moderator:

wrf

Newly Enlightened
1) It's good advice to stick with what you are comfortable with.
2) Getting very hot on 14500 is well documented.
3) Don't expect 400 lumens on NiMH AA or Alkaline AA.
4) The light is not designed to impress anybody with its throw.

The dealers' thread in the marketplace has a wealth of information. I have not broken any of my E03's. I do not use them with 14500's. I'm happy with mine, but that is just me.

Ian2381

Enlightened
It's a great light for the price, got mine for a week now.
- It really gets hot in 14500
- 400 lumens in 14500 an 120 lumens in Eneloop AA
- Big hot spot and not built for throw
- available in three colors, red blue and black
- available in 3 tints, cool white, neutral and warm
- Runtime on eneloop ,H- 1hr, M- 4hrs, L- 33 hrs
- Not tested durability but reviews indicates light is durable, saw a you tube video of the light surviving 30 one meter drops.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my 3 Xeno E03. Get the diffuser...it makes the light 3 times better. Forget the super high power model. Get the XPG led models. they run all night on low for a great camping light with the diffuser. ON medium or high they are a great in the house light. They are very efficient with any rechargeable AA. Also great with the cheapy AA batteries. If you want a 400 lumen light...buy one that can handle the darn power. Every one wants 400 lumens in a aaa or aa light. forget it! Oh yea- get a least one neutral version.

Great lights.

Last edited: