Sunwayman V20C XML's curious switch behavior...

Lord Bear

Enlightened
:thinking:
Just received the light yesterday and except for the lowest and highest settings, the light level comes on lower than at the set level then sorta' ramps up to the set level. I can actually say "oneonethousand" before the light reaches the set level. Is this normal behavior for this model? Is this perhaps "normal" for Sunwayman's variable control ring models?
I do agree with others that the battery tube needs knurling, cover ring's needed to cover the threads when grip ring's removed and pocketclip (whaddaya mean there is none supplied!?!) should be included. I also wish there were some way to tell what level the light is set at without requiring visual confirmation. Perhaps spaced detents along the travel of the variable control ring to be able to "set" the level before turnon while in complete darkness.
All in all, I may be exchanging the V20C for the simpler and more predictable T20C. The jury is still out.
Any thoughts, observations or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Mine does not exhibit that particular behavior and it is the first time I have heard about it. I would say that it shouldn't be doing that and you might want to consider getting it replaced.

Just about every 'review' or report on the light has a different finding on how the ring is working. The fact that it works differently on many individual lights shows that their is some underlying issue with the control ring on the V20C.

Still no word from Sunwayman on the reported ring issues. At this point, I don't think anybody can safely say which ones are opperating normally or not (although I think it would be safe to say that yours is not).