P20A2 from GoingGear....

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Just got here. Only 4 days. :)

I've figured out Turbo and normal. Mabaged to get the strobe going but not able to click 'on', click-click 'strobe' yet and the knurled ring to remove the pocket clip is tight, even using a rubber jar gripper aint working but I like the thing and the folks a GG were great in one email contact I had. :)

Napalm

Enlightened
Mabaged to get the strobe going but not able to click 'on', click-click 'strobe' yet

With the light on turbo press very very quickly the button just enough to light the led some 15 times in a row. If you're doing it too slowly it won't work.

After that you'll have alternate turbo/strobe from the main switch.

I don't see any use for it but just for fun it's worth trying.

Nap.

balloonshark

Newly Enlightened
It's called Tactical Strobe. It's disabled by default but there are instructions in the manual explaining how to enable it like Nap. explained.

I actually like the feature as it requires less thinking in a stressful situation plus it can be done with one hand. I can understand how others might not like it plus it would get in the way of momentary signaling.

Did you get the XM-L? That's what I have and I really like it. A very bright light that runs on 2 AA's.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Napalm... I thought it was turn the head 15 times? I have activated it but once I turn it off it takes twisting the head again.

I freaked outthe cat with the strobe and can't wait for the housemate to act like a 3 year old again. Used a boat airhorn on him once. :D

Napalm

Enlightened
Napalm... I thought it was turn the head 15 times?

You can get strobe that way too. With the light in "general mode", turn the head to turbo and back quickly 2 times. First time you'll get "low" then you'll get "strobe".

But if you want to be able to activate strobe from tail switch when in turbo, you have to go through the 15 quick presses.

Nap.

Satanta

Newly Enlightened
Thanks yeah, went and read the instructs again and saw the '15vclicks' or whatever. [[Too excited the first time or three when I read it. :D ]] Got it figured out but now am going to have to practice to make the proper clicks as I need them otherwise it's sort of "on-off-strobe-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-strobe..."

:lol:

I really like the diffuser so keep the agressive bezel clipped on my keychain for now.

Maybe they should make the diffuser with an outter set of threads so the bezel can be re-added to it instead of one of the other. Sort of like filters for a camera that one can stack.