HID KITS now available from a local (AU) Automotive store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm

Retired Administrator
It was bad enough when people purchased these kits on ebay and installed them on their road cars.

They are now available at a local (AU) Automotive store.

scaled.php

I realize they state "for off road use" but most of them will end up on the road, look at the cars they show as an example.

Norm

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I truly despise those kits, and the ignorant fools who use them. I would be speaking to an owner, or corporate office, and mention that they open themselves up to legal liability just by selling those kits.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Egregious how they attempt to use a disclaimer to absolve themselves of any responsibility. It'd be like selling crystal meth with the disclaimer "for decorative purposes only".

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Are they just as illegal in OZ?

I mean, there are some IPF headlights sold here that don't meet DOT standards ----- are those legal down there too or are they also bootleg?
The Land Rover community buys them like crazy and they make terrible light...

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
"HID kits" are just as illegal in Australia (under Australian Design Rules, the Australian equivalent of US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the German StVZO, etc.) as they are in every other developed country and many developing ones. It doesn't seem to matter -- I regularly see them being sold right on the shelves of "speed shops" (where you can also buy trunklid spoilers 3 feet high, fart can "mufflers" with the tips fake-tarnished, black gunk to spray on your taillights so as to ruin their safety performance, black plastic shells to put over your headlamps to ruin their safety performance, red window tint film (I have no idea why), and vinyl decals that say "TYPE R".

Hilldweller

Enlightened
"HID kits" are just as illegal in Australia (under Australian Design Rules, the Australian equivalent of US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the German StVZO, etc.) as they are in every other developed country and many developing ones. It doesn't seem to matter -- I regularly see them being sold right on the shelves of "speed shops" (where you can also buy trunklid spoilers 3 feet high, fart can "mufflers" with the tips fake-tarnished, black gunk to spray on your taillights so as to ruin their safety performance, black plastic shells to put over your headlamps to ruin their safety performance, red window tint film (I have no idea why), and vinyl decals that say "TYPE R".
Along those performance modifications, have you ever seen one of these?
http://www.soundracer.se/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9XAC-BvUyo

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts