E2 Defender Drop in

suzukiltd

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a drop in for the E2 Defender. Will the Malkoff M61 work? Any other options?

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
Anyway to disassemble the reflector and the module?

Short answer - no. reference Pay particular attention to the definitive information in post #7.

But... you already posted in that thread. :thinking:

Note: The E2D is an incandescent light, with replaceable lamp assemblies. The E2DL is a different light that uses an LED.

This thread is about the incandescent light and LED replacements for the incan lamp assembly.

- Syncytial.

Last edited:

Burncycle

Newly Enlightened
I purchased an E2D (Incandescent) and was disappointed at the low usability of the spill. My EDC light (Quark mini 123) not only had a superior beam, it was far smaller and cheaper. Well that just wouldn't do! I went searching for a drop in replacement and ended up buying a Veleno designs LED drop in (single mode) based on recommendations on this forum and couldn't be more pleased. I don't know if they're still available, but if they are it's an upgrade worth pursuing.

If I had it all to do over again I probably wouldn't have gone with the E2D in the first place... While I love the size of the E2 series, considering the cost involved of buying the host then upgrading the LED (about $160 total) it's just diminishing returns. It's rugged though!