My Thrunite TN11 Sofar

varmint

Enlightened
Well after a very long searching and waiting I finally got it and I have used it a week now, I am very impressed with it, it was well worth the trouble finding it and the cost. I have tried all battery combinations and I am using 1xAW18650, the runtime has been very good with this combination. It exceeds all expetations I had for it, the throw is great and makes spotting livestock very easy. If I had a complaint it would be the the controls, I would love to see this light with the same type of operation as my Olight M20 with the button selector. With the 18650's I am still on my 1st charge with daily use early am and night. We had a very foggy morning and night and the med setting on this light worked well.
I do not understand why these TN11's are so hard to find in the USA. If anyone is considering one, GET IT! you will like it. If you order from LED LitetorchesUK. they include a 2nd extended with it, it took about 2 weeks for me to get it from the UK.. I have compared it against my Olight M20 and there is no comparison really. I keep waiting for the cell to rundown but its has not. I have not used 18650's before and I dont know it it will dim or just turn off when the voltage drops.
The TN11 is a tad large for pocket carry, a coat pocket would be fine.
One other thing would be a small collar for a thread protector if you removed the 'tactical' ring. An oring works well though..
Larry

Toobuzz

Newly Enlightened
I have not used 18650's before and I dont know it it will dim or just turn off when the voltage drops.

I was wondering the same thing. On the Scorpion V2 there is a low battery warning flash. Does the TN11 have this feature? I suppose you could pull the battery and test the voltage.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering the same thing. On the Scorpion V2 there is a low battery warning flash. Does the TN11 have this feature? I suppose you could pull the battery and test the voltage.

Yes, it has low battery warining too. You can check the feature here.

The light will flash when voltage drops to 2.7V. But I'm not sure if it will let you know the low voltage warning for 2x18650 or CR123A's.

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
Since I don't have much of my own so far I'll piggy back on varmint's thread. I ordered a Thrunite TN11 from Light Junction really late Sunday night. It arrived today (Wednesday) which means they shipped it out first thing Monday and USPS did the rest as I'm only a couple of states away. After CPF discount it was about $93 shipped.

It's still light out so I can't properly report on performance just yet but here is a group photo with some of it's peers and a few other items.

c802099f.jpg

Same order as above
d9e1fd40.jpg

Edit:

And a blurry pic of it with the extender next to it's nearest kin. I took all of these with my phone.
cefe0307.jpg

The TN11 at light junction
http://www.lightjunction.com/Thrunite-TN11-flashlight.html

Last edited:

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail. I have tried a couple different 18650s and cr123s in different numbers of cells. So far in bright mode it just flashes and when I untighten the head it turns off or if using 2 18650s or 3 or more cr123s goes into firefly mode. I have spent a couple hours so far cleaning all the threads and making sure everything in the tailcap is tight. Been trying to set the modes even though it hasnt come on just to see if IM missing something but still the same thing. Sent an email to where I got it asking if they know what the problem is and got one back saying I should read the instructions because it sounds like I dont know how to work the light.

varmint

Enlightened
G1302 I finally figured mine out, if you have any trouble PM me we will try to get you going, it took me awhile too. Try 2 NEW 123's in it 1st until you get it down, If you need to I will try to talk you through it, here,pm,email or phone.
Info; I am on my 2nd charge last week with 1x18650, you can tell a difference with 2x18500's it seems some brighter to me..
I wonder how many are in the US????

Last edited:

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
I cant send private messages yet cause I only have the one post. Can you message me so that I can see if you have any insight on how to fix the light or if you think it is faulty?

Kenaz

Newly Enlightened
Ginger,
I had the same problem with mine. I was using ultrafire batteries. I switched to AW's and the problem was gone. Also works fine with primaries so it must not like cheap batteries. Also, 3 cr123's or 3 rcr123's really kick up the brightness. You cant get max brightness on 1 18650.

davyro

Enlightened
Ginger,
I had the same problem with mine. I was using ultrafire batteries. I switched to AW's and the problem was gone. Also works fine with primaries so it must not like cheap batteries. Also, 3 cr123's or 3 rcr123's really kick up the brightness. You cant get max brightness on 1 18650.

I've found that too,if i use my AW RCR123a's the performance is at it's best so thats what i use all of the time.

kj2

Flashaholic
Tried today, to put on the clip. Noway, that fits, and if so- scratches will come on to it. No clip for me..

easilyled

Flashaholic
Ginger,

Have you tried 2 18350s? Those should also work and give greater run-time than 2 RCR123s.

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
I finally figured out what was wrong with the light. I was eventually took the emitter out and found some type of corrosion around it where it grounds to the light head. After cleaning it all off it worked just fine with my 18650s. Bad thing or good thing is that I had already thought that I would just send it back. My girlfriend is german and saw a website selling them there. She got me one for christmas since I was visiting her. I just didnt tell her I fixed the other one so now I have two of them. Looks like I have two different color emitters now too. The one she got me is really warm colored and the other is plain white. I like it being short so I will probably just have one with a single 18650 and put the extenders on the other and have two 18650s as my car light.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Newly Enlightened
I just got a refurbished TN11 and I like it so far. Just one minor gripe though; I wish there was a proper low between the firefly mode and the lowest 'infinite brightness' setting. It's a massive jump in brightness. I had hoped to use this as a duty light for work (a mental health nurse on a Forensic unit) mainly as a search light (room searches/outside etc not for missing patients!!!!!) and for checking on sleeping patients at night. It's too bright for this job, so it'll have to be a bag based light and my Quark 123^2 Tactical will have to continue as my go-to light.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Thrunite TN11 for about six months and I've grown to not like it very much. The UI is awkward and now I can't get it into the programming mode for quite a while now. Cleaning the threads and contacts don't help. I've bought several flashlights over the years and this one is a bust. I will not buy a Thrunite again because of this lemon.

kj2

Flashaholic
I've had my Thrunite TN11 for about six months and I've grown to not like it very much. The UI is awkward and now I can't get it into the programming mode for quite a while now. Cleaning the threads and contacts don't help. I've bought several flashlights over the years and this one is a bust. I will not buy a Thrunite again because of this lemon.

Have the same. I don't like the UI and the knurling is way to aggressive.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Have the same. I don't like the UI and the knurling is way to aggressive.

Yes, now that you have reminded me the machining is very sharp and uncomfortable. Especially when I am trying over and over again get into the programming mode. When I first got the damn thing I could program it but now it goes in only two modes - on (high mode) and off. The holster also broke a few days of use on my belt. Crap.

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes, now that you have reminded me the machining is very sharp and uncomfortable. Especially when I am trying over and over again get into the programming mode. When I first got the damn thing I could program it but now it goes in only two modes - on (high mode) and off. The holster also broke a few days of use on my belt. Crap.
I had a problem with the velcro of the holster. Thrunite did ship me a new one, but that's exactly the same one- so use it a month or 2 and it will go broke again.
I like the light with his throw and power- but hate the UI, knurling and holster.

Flashlight Enthusiast

you have to disassemble the head and CRANK the led module as tight as you can muster. TN11 are prone to this loosening and then
your programming goes haywire. I have 2, one is fine, the other was flaky. I tore open the flaky one and cranked it down, it lasted
a week. did it again with some added gumption and now it is OK.