Dereelight Selection Help

holygeez03

Enlightened
Based on some suggestions, I'm going to try a Dereelight CL1H-T XM-L... I think I'm going to get the OP reflector and the Warm White T3. I will also be getting the EXT650 tube to use 2x18650. Let me know if I am doing something wrong...

I have considered the SMO reflector, but I am afraid of beam artifacts and intense hotspot. I also considered the Neutral T6 emitter for max lumens, but I have grown fond of my Neutron 1A Neutral, which is actually very warm (looks incandescent).

Does anyone know the tint of their Warm XM-L?

Does anyone suggest against the OP reflector or Warm emitter? Can someone point me to beamshots that compare the different reflector and tint options?

Also, can someone explain the UI (or link a previous post) on this light, the website doesn't give many details.

Thanks.

Helipilot

Newly Enlightened
bump. I'm in the same situation as the OP, can someone give exact info concerning beam and UI?

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Based on some suggestions, I'm going to try a Dereelight CL1H-T XM-L... I think I'm going to get the OP reflector and the Warm White T3. I will also be getting the EXT650 tube to use 2x18650. Let me know if I am doing something wrong...

I have considered the SMO reflector, but I am afraid of beam artifacts and intense hotspot. I also considered the Neutral T6 emitter for max lumens, but I have grown fond of my Neutron 1A Neutral, which is actually very warm (looks incandescent).

Does anyone know the tint of their Warm XM-L?

Does anyone suggest against the OP reflector or Warm emitter? Can someone point me to beamshots that compare the different reflector and tint options?

Also, can someone explain the UI (or link a previous post) on this light, the website doesn't give many details.

Thanks.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with your choice of OP reflector, warm white T3, and ext650 tube . Sounds like a good selection to me. I own the Dereelight DBS model and several accessories, but not the CL1H. Also, I use the smooth reflector with the XM-L. The beam profile is very good with no artifacts.
If you want more details about the Dereelights and the UI go to the Flashlight Connection. They seem to explain things a little better than the Dereelight site.
Good Luck with your choice and let us know how you like it when it arrives.

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
All I wish to add is your selection of the extender, also when you order get the 18500 also, (MUST DO), the length is much better and you will get it later on so just do it at one time.

Last edited:

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System
Regarding the UI of the CL1H-T, when the head is fully tightened, you have one mode, high. When the head is slightly loosened, you can cycle between the 3 output levels by half pressing the switch quickly and repeatedly(within a half second). There is mode memory, so your light will remember its last setting before it was turned off.

I think they use the Cree XM-L warm tint, T3 brightness bin. I'd recommend getting both SMO and OP reflectors. Personally, I prefer the 18500 extension. Do you know what cells you are planning to use?

If you have any other questions about Dereelight, you can email Jay at www.flashlightconnection.com. He is extremely helpful. Good luck with your purchase.