Did the RA 2AA tube materialize"

sawlight

Enlightened
I've searched and searched, read a lot of rumors, and hints at it's arrival, but nothing more!
I have a high CRI clicky and wouldn't mind finding one of these, but have no idea if they even exist, and as I understand it, the threads have changed between the RA and going back to HDS? Henry lists them on the web site, but they have been out of stock as long as the web site has been up it seems!
Is this just vaporware?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you have a lot of catching up to do. So here's a summary for you.

Due to some production issues, the 2AA tube came way late and shortly before the newer lights came out. Many got rejected by Henry and what is left is a very very limited quantity that made it to sales. Can't recall if it is only 20 pieces or 40 total.

Ra light is no longer called Ra and has been renamed HDS EDC clicky and HDS EDC rotary (new models)

All the HDS lights have been revamped to give a burst output of 40 secs instead of usual 10 secs. Users can also choose to turn off burst output but it drastically reduces the battery run time.

The new series all have the new ACME threads which is not compatible with the older clicky with the 10 secs burst mode.

sawlight

Enlightened
I know the lineage quite well, HDS, Novatac, RA back to HDS now. Henry also lists on the site that the threads are different, I just wanted to verify that.
So these did materialize, but are scarce as hen's teeth then, guess I didn't want one that bad after all!

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are buying the newer lights, there's a possibility Henry might make the 2AA tubes again. Right now as it is, no one knows for sure what is coming up next as Henry has been facing a series of problems with his suppliers.

sawlight

Enlightened
Fair enough, but I don't see me upgrading the RA anytime soon, there would have to be a drastic increase in the high CRI output before I'd be willing to give this one up, without a doubt the most favorite light I've had! Not as bright as my K2 modded Novatac was, but the tint is better.
I was just looking to see if they were around so I could put one in my BOB.
Thanks for the replies and I hope Henry gets his suppliers sorted out soon, he doesn't need any more headaches.