Quark MiNiX 123 NW, a short runtime test

Connor

Enlightened
Heya *@*,

I did a little runtime test with my new Quark MiNiX 123 neutral white (Nov/2011 run) on the medium brightness level and with an AW IMR 16340 cell - I wanted to know how much duration I would get on this level since this is the only "bright" level you can use continuously and presumably safely with the higher voltage LiIons.

Setup:
-freshly charged AW IMR 16340 @ 4.11 V (so this is likely not a perfect cell, my other IMR charges to 4.16 in my Pila)
-2nd freshly charged AW IMR 16340 in my cold white Quark MiniX 123 (first batch) for comparison

After 2h 40mins I reached what I would eyeball as "less than 50%" of the original output on medium level. From this point on the brightness decreased rather quickly and I stopped the test @ 2h 45mins a little too late with perhaps ~10 lumens of output left. Measured the voltage of the cell and got a whopping 1.50V. :oops::fail::whoopin:

After 15 minutes the cell recovered to 2.54V and I charged it again to 4.13V (4.12V after 10mins) on the Pila without problems, so I guess there was only little damage done to the cell by the deep discharge. If you want to use unprotected cells in the Quark MiNiX like me you should probably switch it off right when you notice considerably dimming on medium level at the very latest.

Hopefully this was useful for some of you.

-Connor :wave:

Last edited: