Surefire M2+A19+KT2 is waterproof

Rifter

Enlightened
Just wanted to let you all know i went camping this weekend and i sleep with my surefire close at hand, well it rained during the night and when i woke up my surefire was at the bottom of a 6" deep puddle and it was not leaking. It was also -2C and the water was starting to freeze. I keep the O rings well oiled/lubed which probably helped. Just wanted to let you guys know, i thought the A19 and KT2 would kill the waterproofness of my M2 but i guess i was wrong.

ygbsm

Enlightened
"i sleep with my surefire close at hand, well it rained during the night and when i woke up my surefire was at the bottom of a 6" deep puddle"

How far under water were you?
wink.gif

Rifter

Enlightened
I was sleeping on a tarp that was half under me and half over me, it was not set up because it was not supposed to rain, the light was not on/under the tarp, it was about 6" beside the tarp in a hole so it would not roll anywhere if i hit it during the night. The first thing i did when i got up was feel for the SF and when my hand hit the water i was like OH $hit its not waterproof, but then i turned it on and all was well.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the A19 is an extender? what's a KT2?

Size15's

Flashaholic
KT2 is the TurboHead Kit for standard body SureFires housing three SF123A batteries and powering the N2 105Lu/60min Lamp Assembly

The A19 is a body extended which increases the length of the body by one SF123A battery.

Al