help: distinguish the flux and lux

hapiness

Banned
help to give a definition of flux and lux
can explain the difference between flux and lux?
I can a green hand in the forum:)

JacobJones

Enlightened
I'm sorry but this is in the wrong forum. It will probably be deleted soon

Anyway to answer your question flux is an acid used in soldering to remove oxidisation and dirt so solder can make good contact with the surface you are soldering to.
There is also something called luminous flux, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_flux wikipedia has a helpful article about it.
Lux is a measure of light intensity, like candlepower. The more lux a light has the further away it can illuminate objects.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luminous Flux is otherwise known as Lumens. It's a measure of how much light is emitted as a whole. Think of it as how many litres of water comes out of a hose.

Lux is a measure of how much light falls on a given area. Think of it as how much water actually gets on the tree you're watering. If you use a sprinkler, you'll have just as many litres of water (lots of lumens) but not much of it will hit the tree (low lux). If you use a tight nozzle, you have the same amount of water (lots of lumens) and all of it will hit the tree (high lux)

It's all about how focused the beam is.

Last edited:

hapiness

Banned
thank mvyrmnd and JacobJones,

got it and good information. I have understood them. very great professional and vivid description to explain it