Help needed, warm white rc-g2.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, im in need of a little bit of help,

Im usually an incan man but recently have been hankering after a 1xaa budget led edc light with some throw, the best option for me seems to be the romisen rc-g2 but the only problem i have with it would be the cool colour emitter, like i said im an incan man and really like the warm coloured light they give off.

So my question is, if i ordered an rc-g2 and this emitter.....

http://club.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.863484

would it be easy to just swap emitters and still retain the original focus, runtime, brightness, but with a nice warm incan type colour?

Ive never done an emitter swap before but im pretty handy with a soldering iron and cant really see it being too difficult for me, the only real problem im having is choosing the rite emitter.

If anyone has done something similar to an rc-g2 or knows anything that could help (like a more suitable led) id like you to post it in this thread please.

Also id rather not change the driver and use the stock one if possible.

Any help/info would be a great help.

Thanks vinny.

JacobJones

Enlightened
The hardest bit is removing the old LED, they've glued it in with something similar to arctic silver. Other than that it should be easy enough. I think that a 16mm star might be too big though, I'll go and see what my romisen has in it.

Edit: 16mm is fine. The warm LED might be slightly dimmer than the cool but the nicer colour makes up for it.

Last edited:

vinny

Newly Enlightened
The hardest bit is removing the old LED, they've glued it in with something similar to arctic silver. Other than that it should be easy enough. I think that a 16mm star might be too big though, I'll go and see what my romisen has in it.

Thanks for the fast reply, i thought the link i put up was a 16mm round board, maybe im mistaken, either way would that particular led provide the warm tint im looking for?

JacobJones

Enlightened
Thanks for the fast reply, i thought the link i put up was a 16mm round board, maybe im mistaken, either way would that particular led provide the warm tint im looking for?

I have just looked at the reviews on the LED, someone says it is 4000k, that's more neutral than warm.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help,

Its looking like im back trying to find something with a warm tint then, i thought it would have been easier than this by now, surely im not the only person out there who wants warm tint.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Ive been doing some more research and have found a cree p4 3000k on 16mm round board, will this work ok and give me the desired results using the stock rc-g2 driver?

If so ill be a happy chappy and order everything tomorrow.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks for the help! Ive ordered the flashlight and led so hopefully it will work out ok.

Cheers vinny.

imanantariksa

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks for the help! Ive ordered the flashlight and led so hopefully it will work out ok.

Cheers vinny.

i have romisen RC G2..;) i change the driver 16 mode, and put 14500 battery and cree Q2 warm tint :thumbsup:..its great, the warm tint is awesome i think, if i compare to my other flashligth with cree q5, its throw and flood almost same ...

Q2 warm right car and Q5 white left car :eek:with 1 ampere Driver:eek:
hvnov0lp.jpg

Tiresius

Enlightened
I can't figure out how to align the LE with the reflector, TBH. My way is the hard way--machine a new pill to seat the board on and sit it on the host itself. :D

Pictures of the work when you can :D