Maglites USA?

american

Enlightened
They still made in the USA? Like the xl50 were is that made? My mini led says made in china designed in USA if I remember correctly

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
They still made in the USA? Like the xl50 were is that made? My mini led says made in china designed in USA if I remember correctly
American does not remember correctly. Maglites are all assembled in the USA.

"[FONT=arial,helvetica]Every Mag Instrument flashlight, no matter where in the world it ends up, comes from a factory located in the U.S.A. and staffed by American workers." from Mag Instrument's Commitment to US-Based Manufacturing.[/FONT]

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just scoured CPF and my local Google. Couldn't find a thing about them being made in China. However, a simple photo of the package would more than answer the question.

american, could you please take a photo?

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
I believe that this is a similar situation that Apple has, parts made elsewhere but assembled in USA.

Danjojo

Newly Enlightened
It's probably them appealing to California law (forget what percentage they require) or maybe their own personal feelings to not put made in USA since some parts are imported.

How Goes It

Newly Enlightened
Just got a 3D LED and 2AA LED Mag combo from Costco a couple days ago.

Here's what it says on the package -------

Flashlight designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. Includes some imported components. Accessory product(s) manufactured in the U.S.A.

And here's what it says on the instruction paper inside -------

Flashlight designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. Mag Instrument's factory is located in Ontario, California. Includes some imported components.

I don't see anything on the outside of either flashlight that says "Made In".
But I do see "Ontario, California, USA" on the outside of the 3D LED,
and "Ontario, CA, USA" on the outside of the 2AA LED.

---------------
Steve

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very few flashlights (if any) qualify as Made in USA. Usually what happens is that the LED or some part of the electronics has to be imported, so you often see "Assembled in USA." Perhaps some extremely basic flashlight will be Made in USA, but fancy LED ones are unlikely.

d1337

Enlightened
I believe that this is a similar situation that Apple has, parts made elsewhere but assembled in USA.

This is very different than Apple. Mag manufactures it's lights in the USA with some materials or parts that might have been purchased from suppliers outside of the country. Apple designs there products in the US and the they are manufactured in chinese factories.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very different than Apple. Mag manufactures it's lights in the USA with some materials or parts that might have been purchased from suppliers outside of the country. Apple designs there products in the US and the they are manufactured in chinese factories.

Apple is more complicated than this. My 2011 iMac states on the bottom, "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in USA." Most of their products seem to be made in China.