which is brighter? SL Polystinger or PT Surge?

specialk

Newly Enlightened
ok i already own the polystinger already, and on boxing day the princeton tec surge is going on sale, does anybody know if the surge is brighter than the polystinger? and the quality of light that it throws out?

gb6491

Newly Enlightened
specialk,
I don't have a PolyStinger. I do have a SuperStinger and a SF8X. The hotspot of my Surge is brighter than both of those lights. The Surge beam is similar in shape and smoothness to the 8X.
The Surge is well worth the money.
By the way, Owen posted that there is a textured reflector now available for the Stingers that greatly improves the the smoothness of their beam.
Regards,
Greg

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by specialk:
...on boxing day the princeton tec surge is going on sale
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I really want to get a Surge.

When and where is it on sale?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Polystinger with the new reflector has a much better beam than my Surge. They are very similar in brightness my surge has a problem with the bulb not staying put and I have heard of others doing the same. The Stinger is a much better light IMHO.
smile.gif

specialk

Newly Enlightened
ok i have checked my polystinger, and it has the textured reflector, no wonder my other friend who has an older polystinger has a different focus hotspot than mine, but i will take my stinger to the store and compare it to the pt surge side by side and see the differences, btw i found the pt surge at a local diving shop.