High CRI BC10 and RRT0

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a small disaster last week with my last HCRI(tweezer slip/de-dome) I got to practice re-flowing and I finally got the hang of it.

JETBEAM BC10

Here was my first Guinea Pig.

Two strap wrenches with Vice Grips on one and Channel Locks on the other freed up the locktite.

Pull off the alignment ring and get ready to swap emitters.

Hold the board on the stove eye with needle nose pliers and use tweezers to pull the emitter.

Swapped emitters and soldered back up to light with fresh thermal grease. Check for proper function before applying new locktite.

JETBEAM RRT0 S2

I couldn't deal with the green S2 in this even though there was only a very slight amount of green in it. I used the BC10 to get my nerve up to possibly kill this more expensive light.

RRT0 prepping for surgery.

Off with it's head with the same method as the BC10 and thanks to Flucero28 for the "how and where" on strap wrench placement.

The alignment ring was a bit stubborn on this on but I still won. :naughty:

Re-flowed and soldered back in.

Left to Right
HDS 140GT (stock SSC P4)
RRT0 HCRI
BC10 HCRI
Quark AA2 HCRI 90+ (was born an XP-E R2)
Sunwayman V10A (stock R5)

I had some fun this evening doing these and though I would share.

Hope you enjoyed,

Jamie

Last edited:

dirtech

Enlightened
Looks good. High cri is great and modding is satisfying. I did the same swap on an IFE2.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for the positive words. I'm really liking them. I need to get another BC10, the wife reacquired it from me.(it was hers after all :whistle:)

Danielight

Enlightened
I'm fairly new to the LED world, and haven't gotten into modding my lights yet. However, I would be interested in getting a replacement pocket clip for my new Jetbeam BC10. I noticed the deep-pocket clip on your BC10, think2x, and wondered where you got it?

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm fairly new to the LED world, and haven't gotten into modding my lights yet. However, I would be interested in getting a replacement pocket clip for my new Jetbeam BC10. I noticed the deep-pocket clip on your BC10, think2x, and wondered where you got it?

Jetbeam RRT0. If anyone knows where to buy it as an accessory please let me know, I'll be getting more BC10's and the slot in the tail cap makes it hard to drill and tap for an EX11 clip.

Flucero28

Enlightened
Try contacting flavio at bugoutgearusa. He will be able to point you in the right direction.