Spark ST6-500CW Magnet mount?

nickbubblehead

Newly Enlightened
Receieved this headlamp today. Overall, a fine and powerfull headlamp that I can put to good use on the job. There is a treaded hole on one end of the battery tube. I am assuming that is for a magnet mount that I have seen on other Spark headlamps. I have been scouring the internet to order this magnet but to no avail. I guess I can get a threaded rare earth magnet off EBay, but I think it will be hit or miss trying to get the right size. Any thoughts on this?

Hi, My name is Nick and I am flashaholic!

Q8iGunner

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, I Just got the same light and I LOVE IT, it's my first headlamp and I feel that everybody should have at least one.
Mine doesn't have treaded hole, but I was thinking about doing something like using Velcro and some magnets to stick it to one or both sides, I need some help with what kind of magnet and what size, I hope someone will help.

I really like the magnet idea, SPARK have the other model SD6 which comes with the magnet when bought from some sellers.

nickbubblehead

Newly Enlightened
I have the smaller version too ST5-220 and it also a great headlamp. The only downside is the shorter runtime on Turbo. I am in northern Africa and work at the embassies. These headlamps are perfect for the work I do in small poorly electronics rooms. As far as the magnets, I am surprise that these add-ons are not readily available on the internet. When I get the chance I will measure the threads so I can order the right magnet with stud. I guess this a new thing to put the mounting holes as I have not seen this for this model. If you have a drill and tap set, you can easily make your own hole. Magnets with studs are readily available on Ebay. If you want, ship it out to me via DPO as I have the equipment to do this in my shop.

Cheers