Underwater Kinetics

oldnfat

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow light lovers. Last Christmas I bought 5 UK 3AA CPO LED flashlights,( 50 bucks each). Gave some for gifts and kept the rest. Good output and battery life, but not 100% reliable. Have had some failures to light, unsure of the cause. Most times light did come on after some tinkering. I had not seen anything about these on the site so I thought I would ask if anyone else has tried them. Thanks ron.

pec50

Enlightened
Surprised that you are having difficulty. Used these for helmet mount firefighting and never had issues even in structural fires with high interior temperatures. Considering you are paying for a light specifically intended for reliability in adverse conditions, would definitely contact UK -- support includes a lifetime warrantee.

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened
We used to issue Pacific fire helmets at two different halls and used UK lights quite abit like Pec. I've found them to be every bit as durable as our later issue Pelicans.

safetyman

Newly Enlightened
I've had a couple of UK dive lights (one was an 4C LED and the other was an 8D xenon) and they were very reliable. Never had an issue with leaking or them not turning on. Either their manufacturing processes have changed or you received some bad specimens.