Where can I get the XP-C Q5 emitter?

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a TrustFire S-A2. Best single AA thrower I ever had. I like it better then my RRT-0 Jet Pro I XR-E R2 that I had before too.
The emitter is an XP-C, I looked it up and couldn't find any other flashlights with this in it. I put this thread in here and not budget lights or LED section as those sections get barely gets any traffic and I was wondering if it was in any higher end lights.

I don't know much about this emitter. What's the brightest it can get at? It's highest bin a Q5?

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
Re: Any flashlights that use the XP-C emitter?

Both the DEFT EDC $199 and DEFT EDC LR $299 use the XP-C and achieve 40 000lux and 60 000 lux respectively, should throw a lot better than your RRT0.

toysareforboys

Enlightened

A friend got his Maglite Mini upgraded with an XP-C (I had never heard of it) and the output is amazing. He said he ordered the parts and had a friend put it together for him. He got the LED from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TerraLUX-MiniStar2-EXTREME-MINI-MAGLITE-AA-LED-UPGRADE-/220751256463?_trksid=p4340.m513&_trkparms=algo%3DRCI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%252BMH%252BUCC%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5702723477242422644#ht_3241wt_1139

-
Jamie M.

Racer

Enlightened

I think the Streamlight Microstream has it. Great little light.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

That is way too high end yifu 199 and 299 is a big @_@

What's the most lumens these can draw? After seeing what my trustfire can do in terms of throw without an aspheric in a small package I am more interested in this emitter.
Also the beam profile was nice as well.

fyrstormer

Banned

I've seen a couple lights that use the XP-C emitter, but with the exception of super-expensive throwers like the DEFT EDC, they were all cheap.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Inova X1 (the new one with the reflector) has a Cree XP-C with the absolute nicest cool white tint I've ever seen. Might be a tint lottery winner, but wow, it's perfect.

If the light itself didn't use a distractingly-low PWM frequency I'd probably use it as my EDC.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I see now. Anyone know where I can buy XP-C Q5 Emitters? What's their highest bin?
I have never experience low frequency PWM and if I did I'd sell off the light right away.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Anyone?

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see now. Anyone know where I can buy XP-C Q5 Emitters? What's their highest bin?

Can't say where to buy them, but you've already answered your second question. Highest bin is Q5. For the actual output in numbers, check out the datasheet that Cree puts out.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Can't say where to buy them, but you've already answered your second question. Highest bin is Q5. For the actual output in numbers, check out the datasheet that Cree puts out.

I checked out on XP-C page and the binning was up to S3. I was pretty sure it was Q5 just wanted to be sure. Are the cree specs in ANSI? Just curious.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you try cutter electronics? Kaidomain ?
For a more affordable aspheric thrower, get a Sipik68
Maybe mod that with an xpc

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Did you try cutter electronics? Kaidomain ?
For a more affordable aspheric thrower, get a Sipik68
Maybe mod that with an xpc

Still no luck. Perhaps i should email cree themselves.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

I checked out on XP-C page and the binning was up to S3. I was pretty sure it was Q5 just wanted to be sure. Are the cree specs in ANSI? Just curious.

I think you're mis-reading that. The table on page 3 in the Binning and Labelling datasheet is for the entire XP family, i.e. XP-C, XP-E and XP-G. The only ones in the XP family that I've ever seen that go up to S3 would be the XP-G. If there is an XP-C going up to S3, it's only in Cree's R&D labs. Page 12 may be of interest to you though, since that one relates specifically to XP-Cs.

The specs Cree gives are under specific conditions, stuff like junction temperature at 25 deg C (that's going off memory though, best check the datasheet). As noted on the binning & labelling sheet, they have binned some to ANSI chromaticity specs, but I haven't heard of any other ANSI LED specs, only the ANSI-NEMA FL-1 specs (and those ones are for whole flashlights and not LEDs...).

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I think you're mis-reading that. The table on page 3 in the Binning and Labelling datasheet is for the entire XP family, i.e. XP-C, XP-E and XP-G. The only ones in the XP family that I've ever seen that go up to S3 would be the XP-G. If there is an XP-C going up to S3, it's only in Cree's R&D labs. Page 12 may be of interest to you though, since that one relates specifically to XP-Cs.

The specs Cree gives are under specific conditions, stuff like junction temperature at 25 deg C (that's going off memory though, best check the datasheet). As noted on the binning & labelling sheet, they have binned some to ANSI chromaticity specs, but I haven't heard of any other ANSI LED specs, only the ANSI-NEMA FL-1 specs (and those ones are for whole flashlights and not LEDs...).

Oh your right, I did misread it. I thought it was for the XP-C. I just scanned threw page 12 and it doesn't mention the Q5 bin for some reason. Could I have been wrong?
Maybe the XP-C highest bin is the Q4. Hmm strange. My TrustFire says Q5, I guess I can't trust it :p

If I can't get a hold of the Q5 then I will settle for the Q4 emitter. Thank you for taking the time to always help me guys. It's very much appreciated.