TK41 battery help

shutterdial

Newly Enlightened
i was wondering which batteries to go with for a sunwayman m40a and Fenix tk41, i know the manufacturers use 2600mah batteries but I want something that is (LSD).
Eneloops Probably but 2000mah 2400 or 2500 I want something that i can leave in for maybe a year at least i know the 2400 say they will have 75% charge after 3 years.
So i was wondering what all you guys are running I havent heard anything good about the 2500mah eneloops

buds224

Enlightened
Not sure if it's going to work out for me the way I planned it, but I have primaries in my TK41, and I just leave the battery tube out of the light while it's stored. I'd like to hear others chime in on this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tonym1

Newly Enlightened
I am running Energiser Lithiums in mine and have had them in for about 2 months and use the light often at work. I have some of the Enloops (2000mAh) but havn't tried them yet.

buds224

Enlightened
75% charge after 3 years sounds awesome. I'd really like to know too if that can be maintained with the batteries fully loaded into the light. And I'm watching out for recommendations. Can't wait for the experts to give their advice.

Samy

Enlightened
I use Eneloops in my TK41. I manage about 4-6 weeks with about 2-5 mins of max output per night before having to recharge them. Eneloops are claimed to have 75% of their charge after 3 years.

The TK41 does have parasitic drain but i would say it's negligible.

BTW, it runs really well on Eneloops.

cheers

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[QU<br>OTE=DisrupTer911;3858140]Eneloops and Energizer Lithium primaries work great in mine.[/QUOTE]<br><br>I'm awaiting delivery of my Fenix TK41.  Eneloops and Energizer Lithiums are quite expensive. It's more as pleasure of owning than actually using...will a good alkaline do the job...what do you guys recommend?

thedeske

Enlightened
[QU<br>OTE=DisrupTer911;3858140]Eneloops and Energizer Lithiums are quite expensive. It's more as pleasure of owning than actually using...will a good alkaline do the job...what do you guys recommend?
I believe Eneloops or nothing is the general consensus?

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Stick with eneloops. When I first got my TK40 I used Energizer rechargeable batteries and a few leaked and ruined the battery carrier. I guess they don't do well with high drain devices.

shutterdial

Newly Enlightened
Yea but which eneloops are you guys using 2000mah 2400 or 2500 and which are the best. I want the light to run as long as possible with the best shelf life. THANKS FOR THE HELP

shutterdial

Newly Enlightened
I didnt see were the manufacture said you could use the Energizer Lithiums, so is it safe to do so i was wanting to but didn't know, thought the voltage might be to high

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I use 2000mAh Eneloops in my TK41, but I never use the light enough to run them down. The other eneloops (XX or whatever...) won't provide any more brightness than the standard eneloops. Regarding expense of Eneloops - given you can buy them once then feed them to the light repeatedly after charging, I think they are dirtbag cheap - and they will not leak. Putting $4 worth of alkalines that are a 50/50 leak risk in a $125 light is false economy.

buds224

Enlightened
I use 2000mAh Eneloops in my TK41, but I never use the light enough to run them down. The other eneloops (XX or whatever...) won't provide any more brightness than the standard eneloops. Regarding expense of Eneloops - given you can buy them once then feed them to the light repeatedly after charging, I think they are dirtbag cheap - and they will not leak. Putting $4 worth of alkalines that are a 50/50 leak risk in a $125 light is false economy.

Very enlightening perspective. Will now shop for a set for my TK41.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Eneloop 2000 or 2500mah XX's. If you wanna leave it sit for along time without use I would use Energizer Lithiums but $20 per use is way to much if its used a lot.