Xeno E03 Forward Clicky help?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hello fellow CPFers! I'd appreciate some help with any recommendations for a forward clicky conversion for my Xeno E03? I picked up an RC-G2 replacement switch expecting it to be easy to strip down....Turns out the actual switch part is encased in a block of aluminum. So...two ways to help me if you can please.

1. Recommend a forward clicky that is not preassmbled into an aluminum housing.
2. Help brainstorm a way to get the mechanical clicky part out of the aluminum housing that i already have.

If possible, (I apologize in advance for my neediness) please keep in mind that the only tools i have access to are

1. Pistol grip Dremel Stylus with assorted bits
2. Assorted pliers
3. Assorted screwdrivers
4. My brain

Also, given ^ the tools i have access to, I'd really rather not have to grind into the housing to get to the switch. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the advantage of your planned forward clicky? i dont understand.

the e03 has a reverse clicky so that you can change modes.
do you want to change modes with a forward clicky

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with shelm. I have 3 Xeno E03 lights and they are just great the way they are. You'll spend more time and probably ruin your light trying to make a forward clicky out of it. Why don't you just look around until you find another light that has a forward clicky..then you'll have two good lights!!!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with shelm and Lighthouse one, but if you really want to change the switch it is possible. I've bought packs of cheap switches overseas and made them fit several lights. I've not done and E03 because I don't have one.

js82

Newly Enlightened
Hello fellow CPFers! I'd appreciate some help with any recommendations for a forward clicky conversion for my Xeno E03? I picked up an RC-G2 replacement switch expecting it to be easy to strip down....Turns out the actual switch part is encased in a block of aluminum. So...two ways to help me if you can please.

1. Recommend a forward clicky that is not preassmbled into an aluminum housing.
2. Help brainstorm a way to get the mechanical clicky part out of the aluminum housing that i already have.

If possible, (I apologize in advance for my neediness) please keep in mind that the only tools i have access to are

1. Pistol grip Dremel Stylus with assorted bits
2. Assorted pliers
3. Assorted screwdrivers
4. My brain

Also, given ^ the tools i have access to, I'd really rather not have to grind into the housing to get to the switch. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

I've also thought about changing my e03's switch to a forward clicky but nobody seems to have done it.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably could do it, but the switches for the E03 are different than most other EDC size lights that I've seen... you might not be able to find one that's the right size or form factor for the E03. Also, you can take the switch out, but the parts that hold it in are just a cheap plastic retainer that is easily scratched and damaged from doing so. Probably not really worth doing.

jondotcom

Enlightened
I've taken my switch apart a couple times to try different tail buttons and it actually comes out fairly easy and is not prone to strip if you use the right tools (I used hefty rounded-tip tweasers). I too would be interested in trying a forward clicky after experiencing it with modes on a Balder SE-1.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
what is the advantage of your planned forward clicky? i dont understand.

the e03 has a reverse clicky so that you can change modes.

do you want to change modes with a forward clicky

@shelm, @lighthouse one, and @hotwire, I like the reverse clicky, but for me, an advantage of having the forward clicky is because of the oversensitive reverse switch that the stock xeno has. the lightest touch sometimes causes the light to flicker. Also, I just want one of my xenos to be forward, so in case i need a constant on, i can soft press to the mode i want then lock it into that mode. A reverse clicky Is a tad too touchy for me to be comfortable using it where i might be bumping the switch against things.

Last edited: