ExtremeBeam, do they claim way too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else noticed the new 'ExtremeBeam' banner add at the top sometimes. Taking a look at their website I find their claims that they are "Built to Be the World's Brightest and finest Quality Best Performing Flashlights in the history of The Industry" very unlikely as they seem to be just OEM chinese ultrafire/akoray and many other cheaper chinese lights rebranded and marked up (significantly) in price.

I would be happy to hear if anyone had actually taken apart or tested one and am open to the idea that they are better made somehow than their much cheaper and identical looking 'originals' of their product line, but from the descriptions they sound like they have exactly the same mode arrangement and drivers etc and so I seriously doubt they do more than just buy in and redistribute rebranded versions of the same models made in the same factories with the same components as the ultrafire etc models.

I wouldn't have a problem with them rebranding and selling on these common OEM lights for a profit at all, that's perfectly legitimate business. Just market them to the general public/police and point out how they use the latest LED technology and how bright they are. It's just when I see claims on their website like 'multiple patents pending wordwide' and others like: "Built to be the toughest most overbuilt Combat-Ready, Weapon-Mountable, Shock-Proof Recoil-Resistant Super-TAC lights ever used by any soldier in any combat situation anywhere in the world!" ExtremeBeam….The Extreme-Beam-Machine™ when the lights are almost certainly just the same rebranded relatively cheaply made mass-produced chinese lights we see all the time on DX, KD, Manafont etc, (and all from a company that call the British Army, the 'British Royal Army' for cringeworthy stereotypical reasons) that I get frustrated.

So again, sorry if this seems like a bit of a rant but I would love to hear if anyone has actually put any of their very over-the-top and in my opinion poorly thought out marketing claims to the test.

If they are proved to be 'recoil-proof' etc then while maintaining my opinion that their marketing claims are way over the top, I will strongly edit any criticism of them in this post.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the ad and went to the website to check it out. I had never heard of them before so I can't say one way or the other. However, the claims seem "extreme". I also tried to find out where they are located and where the lights are manufactured but I couldn't find out that on the website either. I am in law enforcement and also have many military friends/contacts and they typically look to Surefire and Streamlight for lights that have a history of actually meeting the standards that ExtremeBeam is claiming.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was an active thread discussing ExtremeBeam's claims that was pulled at roughly the same time the ads appeared.
I think a review thread would be more acceptable to CPF than conjecture. If someone buys one and finds it's crap, that's another thing - the light had a chance to stand up for the brand ;)

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Ya has anyone actually bought one of these lights? They just look like re branded lights to me, from cheaper sources. Its as if the manufacturer essentially tried to take every 'tactically' oriented thing they could find and stick it on their website. Throwing pictures of special forces on there, and making claims to be used by every branch of the US military certainly seems odd, to say the least. I've never heard of them, nor have any of my friends who have been in the service.

They also claim to have worldwide offices and to provide consulting services to ISIS, or International Security Information Service based out of Brussels. Its where NATO is headquartered. For some reason I can't really feel that a company re branding cheap Chinese flashlights is in any way involved in consulting NATO in "Torpedo Defense." etc.

Either way, a quick whois.com lookup of the site lists this as the owner and registrar.

The reason I feel this is all relevant to us is because, well, if there is someone making claims that are not true than its essentially false advertising and is attempting to lure us into purchasing lights under false pretenses. Of course with foreign companies this kind of stuff isn't exactly regulated and its our jobs as consumers to figure it out. Now maybe we're completely wrong. If so, let us know.

Registrant:
Tong Jun
weshanbei
GuanDong, NA
CN

Domain name: EXTREMEBEAM.COM

Administrative Contact:
Jun, Tong
weshanbei
GuanDong, NA
CN
+1.011861342638

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that was my point, maybe I could be mistaken and they for some reason have taken cheap hosts and built them up with the same 5-mode blinky scroll through interface we're so familiar with on cheap chinese products, but done it to a higher standard of build quality, but I doubt it. All of their lights offered look very familiar and I'm sure if I took the time I could find the same host/UI set-up for a much cheaper price direct from somewhere else for almost each of their offerings.

I have no problem with someone selling these cheap products rebranded for a higher price in the US, with some decent marketing. What I do mind is completely false advertising, which from what they claim seems very likely.

I mean they claim that their lights are used by militaries across the world, but they also claim that one of these is the 'British Royal Army', this does not exist, we have a Royal Navy and Royal Air Force, and even many individual units within the Army with the 'Royal' prefix, but as the army wasn't commissioned in one go by a monarch it certainly isn't the 'Royal Army'. Anyone claiming their lights are used by them or even with a relatively small degree of knowledge/familiarity with the British Army would know that..

I agree this is conjecture, but I would be willing to put money on the idea that many of their claims go beyond exaggeration into more worrying territory.

Last edited:

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Good thing we all know what Ultrafire/DX etc. lights look like so we can steer clear of this company.

What cracks me up is their SAR5 & SAR7 light they are selling for $100 looks identical to the $12 Akoray K-109 :crackup:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interestingly it seems they've changed the wording on their banner on their website now at least to 'British forces'. If they are really reading this thread I would also recommend to them that they change their motto on their 'ExtremeBeam Story page': "A Shinning Light in the Face Of Darkness!" to spell shining correctly. The same spelling mistake is interestingly also made in their first 'testimonial'..

They claim also that they 'manufacture' these lights and have a 'german-led engineering team' I would love to see those backed up. Also that they have been 'hosting ShotShows since 2009', I'm guessing meaning a booth at least, and have been around since 2006. Could anyone find out if those are true? They are believable at least.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I just thought if your shins were shadowed, you could point a shinning beam at them to lighten them up, No? :shrug:

The German LEDS that were on the team that engineered the lights are a great example of a product that designed itself. Come on, that's commendable, don't you think? :wave:

And, really just because the British ROYAL Army don't use the lights, at least the British Army DOES! :party:

And, ANYONE who is anyone in the Navy (Royal or otherwise....) knows that the way you tell if there's a Torpedo coming at your ship is to see it with your Shinning Beam Flashlight. Of COURSE NATO knows this too, sheesh. :ohgeez:

So, lighten up...there's obviously no problems HERE.

:welcome:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha ha look, I just don't like to think that a share of the market for supposedly 'quality' LED lights at a decent price goes to people who may rely on false advertising, rather than good honest sellers like Bryan and the genuine 'Shiningbeam' brand. Who genuinely does put a lot of thought and effort into his products and produces his own relatively unique and very well designed and made lights at a very good price point. He doesn't rely on advertising and massive overbearing claims and is a genuine honest guy who lets the quality of his own brand lights talk for themselves. To think that he is missing out on a section of the market just because others make stronger claims without support for them seems very unfair.

I have no particular affiliation with shiningbeam and the same can be said of a few other genuine manufacturers but it's just an example of why I am a little irked by all this.

Flashlight Enthusiast
they have an ad here on CPF ? does that mean they are paying money, so you can have a free site, and can bash them without
proper analytical review ? jus wondering. someone is gonna have to do a review, STAT :thumbsdow :thumbsup:

they are taking trade show hosts and rebranding them for sure. lame. much better if they said Hey, good lights
cheap...instead of name drop all these military orgs and charge 10x DX retail

lol European ExtremeBeam - Isis Groug division.

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well yeah that's what I mean. I'm not trying to say they are particularly bad lights, I have nothing against the Ultrafires etc, they are generally decent for the price with a few duds, but if you research right you can get very good deals. If you buy from ExtremeBeam you get better branding, shipping from within the US, domestic CS (although I would guess not domestic repair services) and probably better quality control. I just do not think they should make such broad and strong claims about being the best in the market and used worldwide and a few of the other unrealistic ones brought up by others when they just aren't..

PapaLumen

Enlightened
There was an active thread discussing ExtremeBeam's claims that was pulled at roughly the same time the ads appeared.

Funny that... money talks.

Strange that "The Genuine M4 Scirrako Military Grade LED Double Sealed, Anti-Recoil Light, Known as the Worlds "Brigtest" Military Grade Under $300, 1090Ft Range, and Tune focusable" looks so much like an ultrafire c8..

Also i guess the "Anti-recoil" is just a gold spring on the mcp? -"This light was designed for full military service with its 24Kt gold plated internal Anti-Recoil spring-pin system"

Also, the British Army do not use these, never have, and i would imagine, never will. Some BIG lies on that site.

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure it is another crap chinese brand again...
For the C4, i have something exactly the same as it but not UF
One pic

Bezel: the same
Heatsink fins:the same
Tailcap: the same
Body construction: the same
Highest performing light in its class!"
Water Proof / Dive Rated 20 Meters
27700 Lux
It is just another crap selling for $50 USD, where you can get it for $100-150RMB in china
It might be contradict to CPF's ad policy but im against it

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly, these lights are crap, even SWM and jetpimp is more worth than them, this crap is overly priced.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
And btw, one of the most valuable skills of mainlanders is: copying others design and selling it as their own, sometimes they say something exaggerate to praise their product and try to raise the value. To leech more cash
Most of the "design" of their light, ive seen them before on taobao the chinese fleabay
Words from Hongkonger
Ps: i bet westerners have already heard how the notorius mainlanders do, so im not explaining the deeper truth unless im asked

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frankly, these lights are crap, even SWM and jetpimp is more worth than them, this crap is overly priced.
They support CPF. Let's hold off on our armchair opinions - however qualified - and judge their lights based on...reviews of their lights.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
They support CPF. Let's hold off on our armchair opinions - however qualified - and judge their lights based on...reviews of their lights.
Based on what i found im pre-judging them to be ____
Just because of the directly-copied body
The comment would be more objective if someone would pay $100 for this light to review it

Status
Not open for further replies.