TerraLux MiniStar31 MR-EX

tomcat017

Enlightened
Hello All,

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this TerraLux module for the Mag Charger. Claims 1000 lumens, and I've seen it for sale around $60. Wasn't able to find any threads on CPF, so I figured I'd ask here.

Also more of a general question for the LED pros here. Ultimately, I'm planning on putting a 400 - 500 nm bandpass filter on the magcharger. How will the emitters in the drop-in compare in terms of light output in that region of the spectrum (blueish)? Am I better off for some reason with the incan? Of course, the LED module has much greater output. I was just worried that for some reason LED emitters might be deficient in the blue region of the spectrum, and perhaps be giving the impression of white light by outputting on both the low red and, and on the violet end, with a weak blue band. Still a newbie when it comes to LEDs. Thanks!

-mike

tomcat017

Enlightened
Update: found this spectral output chart on the Cree website for their XR-E series of emitters. I'm not sure what the TerraLux MR-EX is using, but if this is typical of white emitters, it appears that putting a 450 nm pass filter on it would work quite well. Anyone to confirm?

creexre.jpg