• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Milkyspit Project M - X1220.4

Burman

Newly Enlightened
Milkyspit Project M - X1220.4

img-a3-bug-head.jpg

milkism.jpg

milkism2.jpg

Have an Milkyspit custom i want to sell, here is Scott's own words about the build...

''I've built you a very nice multi-brightness, 4x CreeXML light, capable of delivering roughly 1200 lumens max, using 2x IMR16340 rechargeable cells.

The build is something special. I hand-fabricated nearly everything inside the head. The heatsink consists of a single piece of aluminum made to fit snugly into the stairsteps inside the A3 head, for better thermal transfer. The reflectors are McR16ms that I'd commissioned McGizmo to make to my specifications years ago, adapted to focus the Cree XM-L. The reflector holders are fashioned from Delrin, and designed to suspend the reflectors at proper focal height while preventing them from crushing the LEDs. The lens is a thick mineral glass, scratch resistant, with generous-sized silicone o-ring compressed into the gap around the edge, to keep the o-ring from squishing out the bottom and losing seal. (That said, the light is not designed for total immersion in water, though a brief accidental dunk is probably not going to hurt it.) The brass contact plate on the underside of the head is epoxied into place, to prevent loosening over time, and should make good electrical contact with the pineapple body. (At least it does with mine!)

The LEDs are Cree XM-L neutral white, in T5 brightness with the very uncommon "3D" tint. In terms of color theory, this tint sits directly on the Planckian curve, meaning the beam shoulld be white without the colored overtones common in most LEDs. It will still look neutral white, but without the heavy green, yellow, red, or similar overtones present in some other LEDs. The "3D" tint is difficult to source and I only had a handful, but wanted to use them in your build.

The firmware is my "Elendil" version, capable of 4x levels of brightness as well as multiple user interfaces: MemoryUI, TacticalUI, and TheaterUI. Choose whichever you wish: the light will ship with the MemoryUI active. There is also a power-saving "Staminator" capability in which the light will run all levels at half perceived brightness, extending runtime nearly 600%.

The firmware is also capable of running with a dual-stage tailswitch if you choose to use one.
''

Body and tail - $90 + Shipping

Just Head - $500 + Shipping - SPF-

Payment by Paypal, PM me for details.

First ''I'll take it'' gets it.

Last edited:

dcaprilia

Enlightened
Congrats Robert! You must have the biggest collection of Milky lights by now :) i would love to see pics one day.

nbjly

Enlightened
If the tail switch is a two-stage I'll take it and the body -

:thanks:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Burman i sent you a PM about any shipping info on the Milky Project M....Thanks...Robert.