McClicky sensitivity.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I've just installed my first McCicky in a flashlight I'm modifying (I needed to cut the threads off the McCicky so it would fit into the adapter I had) and the first thing I've noticed is that I can almost just rest my finger on the switch boot and it activates. It's ridiculously sensitive!

Is this normal? Is that the big selling point on these things? They look like it they have a really nice action to them which is why I bought one, but I never realised it was so touchy until I tried it in person.

For the record I like it being so touchy. My light can tail stand so it's pretty hard to turn it on accidently in normal use, and it's simple to get exactly what you want out of the light because so little effort is needed. However I have managed to ruin my vision for the evening after I was starring directly into the optics trying to remove a bit of dirt and brushed the switch with my finger.

:oops:

Anyway...sort of a question even though I don't care what the answer is lol!

Cheers,

- Matt

Glock 22

Enlightened
They make a hard press boot for the McClicky, that would probably solve your problem.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
You can also try trimming the plastic nub inside of the boot if one exsists. It may be too long and is partially depressing the switch. That or a hard press boot as stated above may fix your issue.

Quest4fire

Enlightened
You can also try trimming the plastic nub inside of the boot if one exsists. It may be too long and is partially depressing the switch. That or a hard press boot as stated above may fix your issue.

+1

I have trimmed the nub inside the boot that contacts the switch with a razor blade and got excellent results.

Is this normal? Is that the big selling point on these things?

Yes. It gives the user momentary on as well as the ability to switch modes almost effortlessly.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've already cut the nub and have it sitting nicely on the switch. I'm actually happy with the action at the moment because it makes the light easy to turn on in even the most award positions.

Glock 22

Enlightened
The only thing that matters is what you said " I'm actually happy with the action at the moment." As long as it suits you, that's all that counts.
:thumbsup:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing that matters is what you said " I'm actually happy with the action at the moment." As long as it suits you, that's all that counts.
:thumbsup:

Haha for sure. Like I eluded to in the first post - it was a question, but I knew/liked the answer anyway lol.