Holding Off

emann

Newly Enlightened
I thought about it and I've decided I'm going to hold off on preordering an L5 until after it has been out for a while and I can see the reviews. I just don't see how it can be much brighter then my L4 when it uses the same two batteries. It will also be bigger then my L4 which is a minus to me being that I carry my L4 everywhere I go in a Ripoff's belt holster. Am I wrong here? Is it possible that the L5 will be much brighter then the L4? I'm sure due to it being slightly bigger the beam may travel a little further and it may light up a slightly larger area but that's it. An L6 is out of the question for an EDC for me so I'm not even considering it by the way.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking along the same line, I want small and bright and once it's larger than I can carry in my pocket with a clip, it begins to lose it's appeal for me. I'm not interested in an edc that must be carried in a sheath on my belt. It's not exactly a fashion accessory. If the L5 is significantly brighter with a better throw because of a superior head, and is still pocketable, I would welcome it if it doesn't have to be carried on a belt sheath.

RevDavid

Enlightened
I don't EDC my L4 (I carry the TW4 instead) so I am not buying the L5 and L6 for that purpose at all. I am guessing that these will offer some benefits over the L4, and I would rather not wait until they are hard to get. Because of the track record of Surefire, and PK in particular, I am willing to jump. Hopefully I will be happy with the landing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David<><

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I Would say that due to different reflector size and probably design as well, the KL5 may prove to be a bit of a surprise to us all when turned on for the first time.

Witness the difference in output between two different photon collimating devices on THIS flashlight mod.

It went from about 2800 to nearly 7000 lux.