Does anybody really like that blue tint on the TK70?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have they gotten rid of that shocking blue color out of the latest TK70 production run yet?

It would be a great light except for the tint.

Actually it is worse than a tint, it is more like someone has stuck a blue color gel over the front of that thing!!

You need to wear color correcting glasses whilst looking at anything the TK70 lights up!!!

Hasn't anybody noticed this in the beamshots or maybe nobody is worried by it.

Most of the guys on this forum whinge about slight variations in tint and say why don't they bring out exactly what they need but this huge color difference to normal 800 plus lumen color tints has me left wondering why nobody ever comments on it.

I would probably have added a TK70 to my collection except the tint really put me right off it. :sssh:

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Well. I bought the TK70 as soon it came in stores. No colour problem with mine. At high- and turbo it's white all-the-way. On low-mid a bit green.
Don't know about the latest TK70s how the colour is.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Have they gotten rid of that shocking blue color out of the latest TK70 production run yet?

It would be a great light except for the tint.

Actually it is worse than a tint, it is more like someone has stuck a blue color gel over the front of that thing!!

You need to wear color correcting glasses whilst looking at anything the TK70 lights up!!!
:sssh:

For the types of things I'm using the TK70 for, I'm much more worried about *where* something is and *how fast it's moving* than what color it is; if I need to match fabric swatches, I can wait for daylight.

Bill

380long

Newly Enlightened
Mine does not have blue tint and I am very pleased with it, plus my biceps are getting MUCH bigger from carrying it around!

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Mine does not have a blue tint either. Where are you getting this info from?

xed888

Enlightened
no blue here. 1st time I've heard of ANYONE complain about it :shrug:

JudasD

Enlightened
I compared my TK70 to my VPT which is 6,500K. The TK70 is just a touch whiter, but not by much. I would say the TK70 is probably 7,000K. Looks nice to me.

JD