Possible light to purchase.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Hey all I recently got into lasers and was searching around and found this light.
d06705a5-24ba-2e4e.jpg

It has 1000 lumens and has the cree XML. There are a couple of different versions ranging from $70-$125 dollars. Some of them have 5 modes and some have 3 modes you can get black anodized or stainless steal host. Just wondering if anyone has this light. 1000 lumens for $70 isn't a bad deal depending on the quality of the light. Not sure if I could post a link to the site or not so I left it out.
Also some of them come with batteries and charger.

Last edited:

lwknight

Enlightened
That picture is so small that I can't even guess what it is.
At least tell us the name of its make and model.

Anyway, it looks like it uses only a single battery at a time so 1000 lumens is stretching it out there IMHO.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
The brand is, Survival Lasers tactical flashlight. From what I've read in other forums the lasers are top notch witch leads me to believe that the lights might be worth a shot, plus for me, he's local...well in the US that is.

Last edited:

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I found their web site and a couple listings on fleebay. Never heard of them but interested in what others have to say so subscribing.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
XM-L at 2.8 A will have ~700 real Lumen in reality
light + parts look like the same as to be found on cheapo stores (dealextreme, kaidomain, ...) for quite less
size of light is not capable to have a full power XM-L run for these 50 mins without overheating (within 10 mins)
--> nothing special,
--> much cheaper to be purchased
--> question of luck, if it works OK, or fails quickly

PS: I wonder, what makes them "choose" the price for the individual models, there seems no connetion to anything ...
:thinking:

357mag1

Enlightened
For that kind of money I would stick with a quality brand. 1000 lumens in that light is unrealistic. That would require driving the XML really hard and even then it wouldn't be OTF lumens. Where is the heat going to go?
If you decide to get one anyway we will be interested in your review.