Man, am I hooked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
I am hooked on ARC lights, I may as well just come out and say it. A few weeks ago I ordered am ARC LSH-P and immediately fell in love with it. I had been using an ARC AAA for about a month and found that the ARC LSH-P/ARC AAA make an absolutely perfect EDC combo. As soon as I saw that ARC was making a AA light, I ordered one and should get it tommorow. While waiting for the AA to be shipped, I went ahead and added an LSH-P to my order. I will use the newer LSH-P, AA and AAA as EDC. The other LSH-P will be used as a work light as I will be running the 2AA pack for inexpensive running. Being a mechanic, I find the white light of the LSH-P to be much more useful than the yellow light of my ex-minimag and regular trouble light. When working on old and dusty wiring, the white light makes it much easier to identify the different colored wires. Needless to say I will be chucking those two useless lights in the very near future. I told one of my co-workers how much I paid for the LS and he seemed almost offended that I would spend so much on a flashlight. But when I explained that the mag cost me 25$(CND) and the trouble light cost me 75$(CND) and that these lights were incredibly dim and yellow compared to the ARC, he seemed to take it a little better. When I did a comparison between the ARC and mini-mag, he seemed to be interested in getting one for himself. I deliberated for a long time wether I should purchase ARC lights because of the cost. Now that I've experienced the quality and finish of these lights, I honestly don't know what I'd do without them. I feel naked when I'm not carrying my ARC lights. Thanks ARC for making these wonderful products, I am a customer for life.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Welcome to the wonderful world of ARC. I've learned not to waste my time anymore attempting to justify my reasons for spending top-dollar on a quality light. Most normal folks, just don't understand. Hunters will spend hundreds of bucks on a gun, however they give you that "Hey you're an ***hole for spending $100 for a flashlight" look.

Anyway, the LSH-P/AAA EDC combo is an excellent one. It's my EDC as well. I prefer to belt-mount my LSH-P in the ARC nylon pouch and keep of my AAA's in my pocket, attached with a short lanyard to a Benchmade Benchmite pocket-knife. I have several ARC-AA ordered, which should be arriving tomorrow or the next day. I'm not sure how/if they will find themselves as part of my EDC list.

robk

Enlightened
You are a convert. I carry an Arc AAA and LSH-S with a transplanted Q3J LED. Fine little flashlights, well worth the price.
I just wish the LS series came with glass lenses. The polycarbonate scratches too easily. My Surefires have glass lenses and they haven't broken yet!
Rob

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
LSH-P and AAA EDC here too! Recently added AA and I am totally pleased with all three lights. the new tail design on the AA is completely cool! I use it all the time at work (architectural fabrication shop). I can replace the AA's out of the supply room and I end up using fewer batteries than the boss's Mags eat, smaller too!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

robk

Enlightened
I forgot to mention, I got an "AA" also. With a lithium cell, it's fantastic! Light weight, long lasting, cooler than my Ultra Infinity.
Rob

dtsoll

Enlightened
Agree with all said, Can you imagine trying to live without them now? Fantastic stuff, worth every penny!!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
For EDC, it's Arc or it's no light for me. I too am hooked. I own a LOT of lights, many brighter than arcs. But none of them can compete in the light output/size ratio. I'm a small guy and I can't carry the likes of an E2e in my pocket. The Arc with 1x123 twistie is the perfect package that goes where I go. Oh, I also have a AAA on my keychain. Always carry two Arcs!

CM

PhilAlex

Enlightened
For me, my ARC LS is my House and Exploring light.

AAA is, of course, my keychain light of choice.

And the AA with a lithium is in the Car all the time.

My Dad has an AAA on his keychain, and I'm thinking of getting an AAA for each of my seminar attendees next year...

Mattman

Enlightened
bigred, you almost took the same path as I did and almost at the same time as well! I bought my first Arc for a gift for my brother. I thought I didn't need one. After I got it and gave it to him, I realized that I was wrong, so an AAA P was on its way to me. Then I wanted something brighter, so I got an LSH-P. Then an AA and a 2AA TSP for the LSH-P. I think I'm done for a while. I'm out of cash and I need to save up for an LS4.

As for my carry habits, it's usually just the AAA. I pick up the AA at home and use the LSH-P if I need a serious light. For EDC, I just don't notice the AAA, but I am conscious of the others, so that's why I go that route. The AAA is also just so damn tiny that I can't help but like it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah i'm jealous 'cause i missed out on the seconds!
i still have my Arc AAA which is always in my pocket.. but an Arc LS is just waiting to unite with it, *lol*

-Ryan

P.S. don't toss the minimag.. you can get a drop in for it and turn it into a nice LED light!

E

EchoSierraTwo

LSH-P and AA here for my EDCs. PM6 for back up and throw power in my MaxPedition Proteus Versipack (which by the way is a awesome pack).

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang Tiger, I got the proteus for my birthday and I am amazed by how much stuff fits in it! It looks small from the outside (compared to the NorthFace waist packs we see alot of here in NYC) but I can put alot of EDC gear in it!

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
Dang Tiger, I got the proteus for my birthday and I am amazed by how much stuff fits in it! It looks small from the outside (compared to the NorthFace waist packs we see alot of here in NYC) but I can put alot of EDC gear in it!

[/ QUOTE ]100% TSG. Tons o' Stuff in that little bugger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Again I use it as a EDC-BOB (Everyday Carry-Bail Out Bag). I carry all the essentials in it. I do not mean to get off topic, but MaxPeditions makes a bunch of great products. But, as every is in this post, I am hooked too. What great lights. Great power in such a small package.

Status
Not open for further replies.