SC600... now comes with a keyring / lanyard hole?

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I noticed on my SC600 I received last night from GG, it came with a keyring on it. I couldn't get the keyring off so I just cut it off since I had no use for it and it was jingling around on there. However, there's still a small hole on the light where I can loop a lanyard through if I really wanted to. I know my SC600 is one from the current newest batch that Zebralight is now selling, or supplying to their distributors.

Is this a new thing on all SC600 lights? All of the pictures and videos I've seen of the SC600, before this current batch, does not have this loop hole where the body protrudes outward.

If anything, I actually don't like this at all and wish it wasn't integrated to the body as 1-piece, and would like to have received a SC600 without this on it.

SC600_KeyRing_1.jpg

SC600_KeyRing.jpg

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about the only effective anti-roll on this thing that will work on a car dashboard or other interesting surface.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Per Zebralight.com

Thanks for the info. I actually looked on their website and didn't see that.

I guess the reduced parasitic drain makes up for the fact that the lanyard ring sticks out and pokes the palm of my hand when I hold the light (I could easily grind it down and smooth it out, but it'll ruin the look of the light).

MY

Enlightened
I have a SC600 received in January and wish it had the lanyard hole. I would be willing to swap you lights if you are interested PM me.