Dereelight C2H question

11tonytiger

Newly Enlightened
I'm seriously interested in this light and it's versitility with CR123 and AA batteries, but not sure which emitter to get. The 2 choices are a XP-E R2 or the XP-G R5 , hoping someone could shed some light on the difference in these two.

Thanks ,T

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The R2 is little throwier than the XPG. The XPG is a little brighter, though unless you had them side by side in identical lights you might not notice the difference.
I've been looking at the c2h and it's a good looking light. Though now you can get extenders for the Sunwayman V10r series, I went a V11r LE hi cri

OneBigDay

Enlightened
For 8 out of 10 people, the XP-G is the way to go. It will give good throw, nice spill and is a higher flux bin than the XP-E. Good overall EDC beam. I would recommend going with the XP-G.

For the other side of the coin if you are a throw junkie and don't care so much about the spill, the XP-E will probably offer a little more throw at the expense of some spill area. XP-E will be less overall lumens than the XP-G.

I have this light and like it a lot. Here are some beamshots I did with the C2H and a few others. Shows the output on both AA and 14500. You can expect the output to look exactly the same on RCR123 as it does with 14500 (same input voltage). For some idea of the XP-E beam you can look at the Maratac and the ITP A2 - keep in mind to look at the profile only and not necessarily the brightness, as the C2H will drive the XP-E harder than either the Maratac or the ITP in these shots, so I am only suggesting to look at the "shape" of the beam in the XP-E shots vs. the other lights which are either XP-G or XM-L. Also even though the XM-L is the newer emitter on the block, many still prefer the XP-G over the XM-L in a small EDC type light light the C2H.

Very nice little light that despite being around for a long time can still hold it's own. The only downside to this light is runtime is not great, and this may or may not be an issue for you.

For one other reference point if you are still digging, here are some more shots I did a long time ago that shows the Dereelight C2H holding it's own with larger lights.

Hope this helps somewhat.

11tonytiger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Carpentryhero, I just so happen to have a V10r and was not aware of the extension.I'm curious as to how this works with a AA battery as the diameter is different from a CR123 ?

And thanks OneBigDay for your info,very good stuff there.I'm pretty impressed with the Zebralight in AA,it appears to blow away it's competition in AA form.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

An XP-E will out-throw an XP-G in the same reflector.

The best feature for the C2H is the ability to upgrade your 'pill' later down the road
without having to buy a whole new light.

I'll take a XP-E light over XP-G any day.

davyro

Enlightened
I've been waiting 3 weeks now for mine to arrive,i've also went for the XR-E simply because i could.Nearly all of my EDC lights have an XP-G so i thought why by another also the option to upgrade anytime i choose to
is a great bonus.I just wish it would hurry up & land i'm getting a bit worried as i paid an extra $20 for fast shipping & that certainly hasn't happened.:shrug:

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting 3 weeks now for mine to arrive,i've also went for the XR-E simply because i could.Nearly all of my EDC lights have an XP-G so i thought why by another also the option to upgrade anytime i choose to
is a great bonus.I just wish it would hurry up & land i'm getting a bit worried as i paid an extra $20 for fast shipping & that certainly hasn't happened.:shrug:

You may have good reason to be worried. I live in Canada, and when I paid for fast shipping, my items arrived in about 5 days. Since you are in England, I would have expected your light to arrive by now.