How do you carry your neck light? Photos please!

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Well Ladies and Gents, I just purchased my first neck light and I am really excited to try out this new style of carry. The light is a 10180 Nichia 219 Eiger :devil: and it needs a nice neck chain to go along with it. I have been trying to locate a source for #6 stainless steel ball chain in small quantities with no luck. I'm open to other options as well as long as it's stainless steel or titanium. I just don't really know a lot about other styles of chain but I do know that I would like something that will not tarnish or rust and is strong. I would like a thicker style of chain that's around 2.5-3.5mm or so. I'll set my budget at $36 because that's what's in my paypal account.

So now that that's out of the way, lets see some photos of your neck lights..:sssh:

beach honda

Enlightened
I'm a jeans wearin gear hog. Preon p0 and e01 around the neck on surefire lanyard.
2bb956ba.jpg

ffemt6263

Enlightened
I know theres another thread just like this floating around here somewhere. As my backup to my backup i carry a 38dd on a silver chain connected with a mcgizmo clip. Im going to get a ti chain at some point because i dont really like the silver but havent gotten around to it and had the silver one hanging around. Heres a really crappy pic i happen to have from the other thread
c6e4c99e-bfbc-43af.jpg

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I didn't even think to search as I also had a question to ask. Can I please get a link to said thread? I'm really digging the double neck light Beach Honda. That would be my ideal neck carry ffemt6263. That's a very nice lanyard Essexman. I'm liking what I see so far! Does anyone know of a good source for neck chains? Any suggestions on a preferred style of chain for neck carry?

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Ok. I found a few threads on the subject with the general consensus being that a ball chain is the best all around type of chain for neck carry. It makes since because it is strong enough while being weak enough to break away when the need arises. That's my best guess as to why many of the world's military's use them for their dog tags. The question still stands... Where is a good source for #6 stainless steel ball chain? I can find many places that sell in bulk and a few other places that are out of stock. Still others have what I'm looking for but the price is outrageous! Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

flashlight nut

Enlightened
9086077e.jpg

Another tip I got here on CPF is threading the ball chain through a length of paracord after removing the nylon strands from the center of the cord. I use this set up for my T1A and makes it much more comfortable around the neck.

Last edited:

Diablo_331

Enlightened
On other tip I got here on CPF is threading the ball chain through a length of paracord after removing the nylon strands from the center of the cord. I use this set up for my T1A and makes it much more comfortable around the neck.

Thanks for the advice! I've never thought to do that.

Illum

Flashaholic
I still use the ball chain without any additional covers, I do so because when I'm werking under the sun it won't add tan lines ;)
On the serious note, ball chains are quick to dry and have ferrite properties.

Bigpal

Enlightened
This place says $5 shipping, no weight limit. They have some that are sold individually. They also have low bulk ones too, like packs of 4, or 50". Maybe what you're looking for?

Here's a nice SS one on Ebay. You can pick the size. 2.5mm 30" is $33.99.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Unique Titanium has both steel and titanium chains available .... I have had very positive experiences purchasing from them.

Last edited:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't wear one all the time (usually at night after I'm in for the night or while camping). When I do I wear it under my shirt and make the loop from "cave line". It comes on a reel that is used in scuba diving for laying line in and out of a cave or any other use you may have for it.

It's just strong nylon string (line).

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mumbojumboo,

I like the look of your H600.

Neck EDC is how I carry and use my lights 70% of the times (90% for my H51w).

Zebralight H51w, Quark Mini AA, and Fenix E05 are always ready for neck carry.
IMG_9139A.jpg

Whether it's a flashlight or an angled light, the beam can be adjusted to any degree for hand-free use.
IMG_8828.jpg

The king of my hand-free neck lights is, of course, the H51w.
IMG_8378.jpg

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I finally got my setup. It's a gen 2 QTC Nichia 219 Eiger in the 10180 lug flavor. It's hanging from a titanium ball chain and lives around my neck 24/7. As I mentioned in the OP, this is a new style of carry for me and it is very convenient to say the least. I use it at work to inspect welds and grinds and it's perfect for this. Alot of times I'll be in a very awkward position and reaching into my pocket just isn't an option. Having this little pocket rocket.. No wait.. Neck rocket around my neck at all times is just the greatest thing since sliced bread! Big thanks to everyone that posted! Lets keep this going!

2012-06-22172356-1.jpg

ffemt6263

Enlightened
I see you took the advice of the mcgizmo clip. Its a great way to carry it. Great setup. Glad you found some help here.