• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: MegaRay 175 Watt Short Arc with Hardigg case and Lipo battery pack

BVH

Flashaholic
SOLD! MegaRay 175 Watt Short Arc, Hardigg case, Lipo battery pack

SOLD is one of my Megarays I recently scored. I want only one so the other is available. Since the 3 OEM LiFeP04 battery packs were completely dead, this light system has been modified to use 4 inexpensive 6S/3000 AH Lipo cells. Please read my extensive thread about the light and accessories here to get all the details about it and for beamshots with a Maxabeam:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335367-Got-Lucky-Right-Place-at-the-Right-Time

This is the light that has not had the yellow silicone donut removed from the bulb. If you want me to remove it prior to shipping, I can do it. The issue is small wisps of smoke are created in the light chamber after about 9 minutes of continuous running on high. The smoke is from the silicone adhesive holding the yellow donut in-place on the bulb. You can read everything about this in my original thread. Everything I would normally say in this sales thread has already been said in the other thread. So I'm keeping this short.

Included:

MegaRay S/N ending in 706 (as shown below) Year of manufacture was 2005.
Vest for battery pack modified with an extra Anderson connector for 4 Lipos
4 ea., 6S/3AH Blue Lipo brand Lipos. (Run time on high is estimated to be about 80 minutes)
LiFeP04 6S, 3 Amp Megaray brand charger (not for use with the 6S Lipos)
3 Original LiFeP04 battery pack plastic boxes with OEM battery management System PC boards inside.
Shoulder strap
Hardigg rifle case with foam support.

Price is $2250 $1975 $1425 $1350 shipped to your U.S. door. International OK as long as buyer is ok with paying additional shipping. First "I'll take it" followed by PayPal payment gets it. PayPal is: bvh {at} bvh {dot} net

MRFront45degree.jpg

MRFrontStraightDistant.jpg

MRFrontstraight.jpg

MRLeftSide.jpg

MRRightSide.jpg

MRlabel.jpg

See Original thread for pics of case, charger, vest, battery, etc.

Last edited:

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Maybe it will turn out better this way as I can only imagine that the inclusion of the red beret would be an absolutely enormous selling point, as it would really cap off the deal! However if you do not agree I could always edit/delete my previous posts!

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
IIRC, it's just a bit less than the Gen3 Maxabeam at 11,000,000 (MB is 12,000,000). But it's 11,000,000 within a significantly larger spot. Look at the thread link with my beam shots at the difference between the two. The end result is that your MR target is 90 to 95% as bright as with the MB but much easier to identify because of the wider field of view. Maxabeam has 1 degree beam, MR has 2 degree beam.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an amazing light! We had one brought to a big get together at my house and it was incredible. I thought the beam was going to burn down my neighbors house. I knew it wasn't but it was that intense. Very kewl light. GLWS

BVH

Flashaholic
Nobody wants to provide a nice home for Mr. MRay. Not many of these gens around and very rare for a price this low. I'll throw in a brand new extra bulb.

BVH

Flashaholic
OK, one more price drop. I need to recover some storage space! $1425 delivered to your door. This is used Maxabeam pricing! Somebody grab it!

(It's on Ebay for $1950)

Last edited: