T60CS or SR51

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a bulky light for long battery life
My preferred options were T60CS and SR51 for their battery profile and size
Both eats 6*RCR, one for 3*18650 and another one for 2*18650

I dont have enough budget to get both so here comes a difficulty

I liked the T60CS for its UI but it slightly lacks throw(27k) compared with SR51(40k)
Which is slightly disappointed with Tri-XML profile

But in the other way i wont get a floody beam with SR51
Since i already have a T40CS which throws pretty good so im leaning against T60CS for its flood
Im looking for a light for camping and outdoor-use for peripheral vision, i tried T40CS in action and despite being throwy, it doesnt give me good vision.

Things i disliked about T60CS was its possibly-short-circuit tail and overly-flooded beam
But if it has a comparable beam profile with V20C or similar, i would still accept it
Im interested in the beam angle of T60CS

And finally, 27k and 45k lux wont be a big difference is it?

Thanks for everyone's opinion

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SR51 does come with a diffuser cap which makes it a very floody light.

biglights

Enlightened
Well the lux is almost double, so I am sure you would see a big difference. Plus as Brasso already mentioned it comes with a diffuser which I find very handy. The T60CS is pretty new and its always nice to have the latest and greatest, but given that you can probably pick up the SR51 for in the $100 price range. I got nine for $90.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the lux is almost double, so I am sure you would see a big difference. Plus as Brasso already mentioned it comes with a diffuser which I find very handy. The T60CS is pretty new and its always nice to have the latest and greatest, but given that you can probably pick up the SR51 for in the $100 price range. I got nine for $90.

Holy, thats a UBER GREAT DEAL

After all diffuser sacrifice lumen for flood, i think T60CS would be more efficient, i dont like carrying an extra cap for flood, plus SR51 has MUCH lower lumen than T60CS

biglights

Enlightened
Holy, thats a UBER GREAT DEAL

After all diffuser sacrifice lumen for flood, i think T60CS would be more efficient, i dont like carrying an extra cap for flood, plus SR51 has MUCH lower lumen than T60CS

Yeah I agree I don't use the diffuser a lot but it is nice to have. If you want a light for camping, take a look at the ZL sc600. That is super small and lights up everything in front of you. Plus it is a lot smaller for carrying around.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T60CS is a wall of light with some throw due to high lumen output. The SR51 has the nicest beam from a single XM-L thrower, as it uses a LOP reflector. Ma_sha1 has an over performing SR51 :)

If you familiar with the TM11 or Skyray King, then the beam profile is very similar.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Hey OP, I was in a similar situation, I ended up deciding on the Sunwayman T60CS.

Peripheral vision is far more important in the woods at night. You don't just want, but need to see what's around you. Besides, you already have the T40CS for throw.

Notwithstanding, the T60CS gives a good wall of light, but it doesn't mean that it shines only 10 feet ahead and no more, it actually has a decent amount of useable throw. If you need to see something 1 million miles away, then take out the T40CS, but otherwise, the T60CS is perfect for use in the woods.

I will be getting the T60CS in addition to the TK41.
If I had the funds, I would pick up the Olight SR92.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up with choosing T60CS since ive "met" lotta of SWM's lights and their qualities are more than just satisfactory.
I.e. surface anod and metal battery carrier,smart switch, tri 18650
While SR51 is being thinner and slightly "sounds-unreliable" switch(no rubber boot)

Gotta bring a t60cs back tmr :D

easilyled

Flashaholic
...... The T60CS is pretty new and its always nice to have the latest and greatest, but given that you can probably pick up the SR51 for in the $100 price range. I got nine for $90.

Holy, thats a UBER GREAT DEAL ....

I had assumed that biglights made a typo and meant "I got mine for $90" If he really got 9 for $90, that would be the deal of the century.

@jh333233, have you considered the Thrunite TN31 which takes 3 18650s, has >80,000 lux at one meter and around 1100 lumens total output?

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I had assumed that biglights made a typo and meant "I got mine for $90" If he really got 9 for $90, that would be the deal of the century.

@jh333233, have you considered the Thrunite TN31 which takes 3 18650s, has >80,000 lux at one meter and around 1100 lumens total output?

How is the build quality and reliability of Thrunite?

easilyled

Flashaholic
How is the build quality and reliability of Thrunite?

Pretty good judging by the reviews in the "Reviews Section" by selfbuilt and TurboBB
I don't have one myself, but would have bought it if I didn't already have so many other biggish thrower lights that I don't put to good use.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a bulky light for long battery life
My preferred options were T60CS and SR51 for their battery profile and size
Both eats 6*RCR, one for 3*18650 and another one for 2*18650

I dont have enough budget to get both so here comes a difficulty

I liked the T60CS for its UI but it slightly lacks throw(27k) compared with SR51(40k)
Which is slightly disappointed with Tri-XML profile

But in the other way i wont get a floody beam with SR51
Since i already have a T40CS which throws pretty good so im leaning against T60CS for its flood
Im looking for a light for camping and outdoor-use for peripheral vision, i tried T40CS in action and despite being throwy, it doesnt give me good vision.

Things i disliked about T60CS was its possibly-short-circuit tail and overly-flooded beam
But if it has a comparable beam profile with V20C or similar, i would still accept it
Im interested in the beam angle of T60CS

And finally, 27k and 45k lux wont be a big difference is it?

Thanks for everyone's opinion

If you already have a T40CS, then whats the point of getting the SR-51? They look different, but they are both basically 800-900 lumen throwers. The T40CS runs on 4 CR123's, but the SR51 runs on 6-Cr123's and only gives you 900 Lumens(with 6 Cr123's!) Thats 150 lumens per Cr123, which is poor. My SWM T20CS gets up around 700L on just 2 Cr123's! You can also run the SR-51 on 2-18650's, but you have to buy the extra battery holder for it first, and I dont know if it is as bright with 18650's, and the run times are probably lower(?)

But the SR51 only has 2 brightness modes, 250L and 900L. Thats it..... Plus, usually you dont need 250 or 900 lumens for most tasks, and its good to have a light that gives you the option to switch it down to 50-100 lumens, or less for ordinary tasks, but with the SR-51, thats not an option. Plus its going to be fairly bulky and heavy.

I could justify that extra bulk, and the extra batteries needed to run it if it had a high or turbo of 1500-2200 Lumens, but not 800-900! Thats not so noticeably brighter than many single 18650 lights, and they are MUCH smaller! PLus, the Sr-51 isnt going to be all that much different than the T-40CS you already own. They are both throwers around 790-900L. Not a big difference.

I was looking at BOTH of these lights just last week, and I ended up choosing the Fenix TK41. Its an 800L thrower just like those 2 lights above^. Granted, it does throw farther than my single 18650 throwers by a little bit, but its still not much brighter! I was expecting this huge difference compared to the Eagletac G25C2 I already owned, but it really isnt much brighter and doesnt throw a whole lot farther, so its a bit of a waste of money to be honest, so why go and buy another light thats not going to be too much different than your T40Cs? Dont make the mistake I did......(I'm also having problems with the switch)

You might consider the Thrunite TN31. Its an 1150 lumen thrower, and if you look at it in the beamshot review/comparison here, its not too far off from the SR-90! It shouldnt cost much more than the SR-51, but it should be noticeably brighter than the T40CS AND the SR-51!

Last edited:

biglights

Enlightened

WOW, I did not even notice that it was $90, sorry.

I also have the TN31, it seems well built. Its throw is awesome for its size. I really like it lots of useful levels.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
Thought this might help a little. This is my SR51 at 100yrds. Yes it is a thrower, but it had more spill than any other thrower I have like the M3C4, 7G5, etc. It's an awesome light. Only issue, which was mentioned above, is that it's low setting it still pretty high. But I guess it was marketed as a moderate sized search and rescue light, so throw and lumens were its main goals. And it does nicely at that. Have personally verified 500yd throws via my meter.

SR51-100.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Have a same sort of problem :) -already have the Fenix TK41, very happy with it and use it a lot. But the SR51 looks so nice, together with the holster and diffuser it comes with seems very handy. And the case- I really like that :D
So, should I get one? or leave it because it almost the same as the TK41..