Deep carry EDC ideas?

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Ok, help me pick a new EDC light with a deep carry clip. I currently use a Quark AA with an AW 14500 and a deep carry clip. Let me know what lights come to your mind for this.

- No PWM
- Max length of 4.5in
- Tube-like diameter, similar to the Quark AA. Slightly larger diameter would probably be ok.
- Must have deep carry option. I don't want an inch of flashlight sticking up out of my pocket.
- 3 or more brightness levels, ordered LMH
- 18650 would be preferred but not required

I am considering at this point the Zebralight SC80 or the Eagletac D25LC2 Mini. The SC80 seems like an improvement in size compared to my Quark AA, as it is a decent amount shorter (though slightly thicker). It wouldn't be an upgrade in output, but with a 2500mAh eneloop XX or an AW 17500 I would expect better runtimes than the Quark AA 14500 with similar output. The D25LC2 will have better runtimes and output than the Quark AA at the expense of size. It is a decent amount longer, but same thickness. The obvious downside to this is that is is twisty and that it has no moonlight option.

Neither of these two are completely deep carry it appears. They would both stick out of the pocket some, though much better than the huge majority of lights.

Please weigh in on these two options and let me know of anything you think that would be better.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be able to use your Quark clips on the D25LC2 Clicky, I have the D25LC2 and don't like the factory Eagletac clip so I tried the 4sevens regular clip and it fits perfect. Again I'm talking about the D25LC2 Clicky not the twisty.

Now I don't have a 47s deep carry clip but I'm assuming the fit is the same so you should be able to use it on the Eagletac, hope that helps the D25LC2 clicky is a really good light.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have D25LC2 Clicky and installed the 4sevens Quark Deep Carry pocket clip. Fits perfectly. The ET in one hand and the Quark in the other hand, a look at machining and how it feels, the anodization etc. you will quickly come to the idea that ET and Quark are manufactured in the same site: Olight.

this idea also confirmed by experienced youtubers:

just keep the Quark and be happy. it's as good an EDC as it gets.

Lucciola

Enlightened
What about the Sunwayman M11R U2? It is small and has a sturdy clip which lets it ride deep in the pocket. The three well spaced brightness levels are selected with a control ring in L-M-H order. And the blinky modes are hidden and not in the way.

I considered buying it, but somehow it seems that I found the perfect EDC for me with my SF E1B which is simple, sturdy, bright and the clip is perfect for me. So I currently have no *need* for the Sunwayman. I'd rather call it some sort of desire... :D

gsr

Enlightened
I'm on the verge of buying another E1B myself. It is a fantastic combination of features that Lucciola so effectively summarized above.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info about the Quark clip fitting the clicky D25LC2. I'll take the twisty version off my list and add the clicky. I still don't like the lack of a low-low mode on the light, which is why I am still considering the SC80. Maybe I should just get both.