P60 style head units - Stand alone ( no battery area )

sweetrver

Newly Enlightened
Hey there..
I had an account.. years ago.. but it disapeered some time ago in some swap.. so I am "new" here again-
Looking to design a headlight style unit ( quad style ) with a remote power supply..
Does anyone make or seen made drop in style units.. that could take a remote power supply.. or that could be modded to take a remote supply..
I imagine that I could purchase lights.. chop saw them.. and weld end caps on them.. but if someone is already set up for it.. I would rather purchase them.. if reasonable-
Thanks

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen such a thing, but I bet a correctly-sized threaded pipe with a center contact wedged in place would do. Add a standard-sized plug and you're all set.

Most of the not-flashlight P60 hosts I've seen use this approach. The KaveLight is a headlamp that hosts two, for instance. They sit in a well with a center and outer-ring contact.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some possibilities: locate some old Solarforce L2s with the two-piece bodies; get some LU60 adapters; buy some Solarforce L2m's. The older Solarforce L2s had a two-piece body and the forward end of it can be used for what you are trying to do with a minimum of mods. The L2m is a one-piece body that takes one CR123a battery so it's short and stubby. The Surefire LU60 adapter is likely the closest thing to what you're looking for, but, almost all LED drop-ins won't fit unless you bore it out (it was made to fit the narrower incandescent Surefire drop-ins).