Compared My EagleTac M3C4(with new updated driver) To Sunwayman T40CS For Throw

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
This new driver that EagleTac put in my M3C4 is simply amazing. I originally compared it to the FandyFire STL-V6 for throw this morning at 350yds. The M3C4 easily won. I'll show you the results. These were at 350yds on manual setting with 1.5 sec shutter, f/4 and ISO 400.

FandyFire STL-V6

DSCF3741Small.jpg

EagleTac M3C4(new updated driver)

DSCF3745Small.jpg

Now remember that selfbuilt's new lux readings has the Sunwayman T40CS at 54,800 lux@1m. I think it's very safe to say that this new EagleTac M3C4 I have will beat that very easily.

Sunwayman T40CS

DSCF3750Small.jpg

Last edited:

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Did you send your light to eagletac for that new driver? I to have the M3C4 single XML. Love this light. When showing people my lights its my wow factor light (lol).

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Did you send your light to eagletac for that new driver? I to have the M3C4 single XML. Love this light. When showing people my lights its my wow factor light (lol).

Yes.

I was told by Christina at EagleTac that all their new M3C4's will have this new updated driver that is a lot brighter.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow what a difference a good driver makes. My.Eagletac M3C4 XM-L is only around 41k Lux. I like the more compact form factor, but wished it had more throw. Congratulations on a super compact thrower.

Does it have the U2 XM-L?

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Wow what a difference a good driver makes. My.Eagletac M3C4 XM-L is only around 41k Lux. I like the more compact form factor, but wished it had more throw. Congratulations on a super compact thrower.

Does it have the U2 XM-L?

I don't know. I can't see just the U2 making this much difference in the lux department if it does. I would say this new driver is pushing the XM-L emitter a lot harder.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
This M3C4 at about 6" from a wall is quite a bit brighter than my Crelant 7G5 running off of 4 CR123A batteries which selfbuilt said on his sample puts out 58,000 lux@1m. And I would say my 7G5 is very close to that.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that maybe it was a U2 in combination with a new driver to obtain the amazing results, as Eagletac has a lot of U2 LED's in stock.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

I was told by Christina at EagleTac that all their new M3C4's will have this new updated driver that is a lot brighter.

How did you go about that, did you find out that the new models will have a new driver, so just called Eagletac and tell them you wanted the new driver and they installed it for you for a fee? How long did it take from when you put it in the mail til you got it back, and how much did it cost?

It appears in the above beam shots that you arent pointing the lights directly at the barn, but at the ground about 100-150 feet away. Does it just look that way?

I'm glad to see this because although I just got my Thrunite TN30 about 2 hours ago, I will be looking to replace the Fenix TK41 I sent back over a week ago(broken switch) for a new thrower in a few months. This light was on my list along with the SWM T40CS and maybe even another TK41, which will hopefull not have a bad switch. I am also considering the brother of my new Thrunite TN-30, the TN-31. But its like almost $100 more than the ET M3C4 or TK-41. But its like 90,000 lux or so.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I emailed EagleTac and told them the M3C4 I had was nowhere near as bright as my SR51. They told me to send it back. I did. They then sent it back to me about the same for brightness and it was nicked up. I wasn't happy. So I complained. They wanted pictures of the nicks on the head. So I showed them. Now this light was sent back to them in the like new condition inside the original heavy duty case and the original box inside another box so I know it didn't happen in transit. I told them it wasn't much brighter than it was before. But I didn't feel I should have to send the light back to them out of my pocket for shipping again which would have been twice for their negligence. They agreed to send me a new updated head.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And the beams are all aimed directly at the barn. The M3C4 just really beats the others. And I could have been more focused on the M3C4 shot but you can clearly look at the field before the barn and the fence and clearly see the M3C4 wins.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Is your Eagletac M3C4 XM-L your best thrower?

Well I would say the Crelant 7G5 was my best thrower followed by the Olight M3X. But this M3C4 may beat both them since it pretty easily beat the Sunwayman T40CS which was just behind the M3X. It rained most of the nite here so I didn't get to compare them.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I can easily say that this M3C4 is now my personal favorite flashlight. I'd pick it over the Fenix TK41 or the Sunwayman T40CS or V60C.

rdrfronty

Enlightened
I pretty much agree with your results. We also have a newer M3C4, SR51, & 7G5. All 3 are great lights and great throwers. We did real life tests on all 3 lights and all 3 did manage to produce at least .2 lumens at 500 yards. My meter doesn't go into the hundreds, but the 7G5 did it a little easier than the other two, meaning it likely is in the upper .2's in lumens.
So here's the way I see it --
7G5 = slight winner in throw with the tightest spot, though as a result has the less spill of the group
M3C4 = winner in lumens by about 100, throws great, and still has good spill
SR51 = best spill of the group, and has great throw even though it has OP reflector, slightly less lumens
Basically I feel the M3C4 and SR51 are the best overall lights, possible the M3C4 taking the lead there with the lower lumen settings for more uses. Still don't care for it's rectangular body though. But that's subjective. But 7G5 is the throw king, by a slight margin, of that group if that's your main goal.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Ok here's the M3C4 vs the original Crelant 7G5. I might add that I am using 4 CR123A batteries in the 7G5 and according to selfbuilt on his sample put out 58,000 lux@1m.

These were manual exposure with 1.5 sec shutter, f/4.5 and ISO 400 and were taken at 350yds.

EagleTac M3C4

DSCF3754Small.jpg

Crelant 7G5

DSCF3751Small.jpg

Before you make your final decision I ask that you look at the overall picture especially the left side of the front of the barn. That made my final decision. And I'm going with the EagleTac M3C4. The other deciding factor was the wire overhead between the 1st and 2nd pole and how it is brighter vs the 7G5.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
You can also clearly see in difference in the brightness advantage of throw at the 2nd pole with the EagleTac.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can easily say that this M3C4 is now my personal favorite flashlight. I'd pick it over the Fenix TK41 or the Sunwayman T40CS or V60C.

So, the way that your M3C4 is now set up is the exact same set-up that the new models come with from the factory? (Provided that we manage to get a new one, and not one that was built 6 months ago)

Do you like the way it switches on/off and between modes, and its UI?

Well, all the lights in post #16 seem to throw pretty well, except for the really dim model called the "Control Shot". Who makes that one? I want to avoid it, because it doesnt throw very far at all! (LOL)

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a web page I stumbled across when I was looking for a thrower, and it compares 13 different medium powered lights like the M3C4, TK41, etc. It seems to be a bit dated(May 2011), and I have no idea what main forum or site it belongs to, but I'm sure someone here is the one who did it.

It gives comparisons of: lux at 4 meters, brightness on high, all brightness modes compared, beam shots, weight, cost, etc, side by side light pics, etc.

Here it is, and maybe someone can tell us who did it(?)

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Beamshot Fenix and other 2011-05 UK.html

It seems to show the M3C4 has the highest lux at 4 meters(of these medium sized lights), and comes in at #4 in overall brightness compared with the other 12 lights on the list.