Extreambeam - did anyone actually buy any in the end?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

I haven't been on the forums so much recently. Previously there was quite a bit of talk about Extreambeam, partly to do with their marketing approach/claims and also the products themselves.

Personally I was happy to keep an open mind on the physical products (unless proven differently). Subwoofer conducted a review:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ht-angle-adaptor-Review&highlight=ExtremeBeam

But that was some time a go. When I 'search' I don't seem to find anything any newer and all other threads seem to have been closed and went way off tangent.

So has anyone else actually bought an Extreambeam flashlight and would like to share what it's like in terms of performance, quality and actual components?

I'm still perfectly happy to keep an open mind and if the products are genuine, then I'd be genuinely interested. But it would be nice to hear some opinions from people who actually own or have reviewed the flashlights.

Thanks.

Tiresius

Enlightened
I don't have spare money around to buy their lights...They're at the price you'd pay for a Surefire or a custom light. A bit too expensive and they utilize older emitters.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you buy it direct? I really want to like these, but I can't help feeling it all looks like a scam, from the lonesome dodgy YouTube vid to the total lack of anyone knowing about them.

The ExtremeBeam website says the flashlight you reviewed is fully focusable, does the head rotate a bit like a MagLite? How well does it focus from flood to throw?

shipwreck

Enlightened
No, as per the review, I got it from a gunstore in Houston.

The head does rotate and there is some small amount of change in the beam pattern - but not like a maglite does (extreme focus to wide beam). Personally, it's not a feature that I find a "feature." But, I also never got into it in my review for that reason.

But, then again, I never really use that feature on a maglite anyway. I usually set it 1 time and never mess with it.

However, I don't see how the light "is a scam."

For the money, you can buy higher lumen lights from Eagletac and others. However, there are also many LED lights with lower lumen output for even more.

I usually go for more lumens, but I did find that the throw on the Extreambeam was much more than I expected. However, I generally don't really need that much throw. I prefer a combo of both (throw and flood - with more of a closer "bubble" of lighting up).

For pure throw, I just grab my Fenix TK70 or Jetbeam BC40 (which is my favorite light - because of the output versus the size of the light).

I slimmed down my LED collection from 30 to about 14 or 15 a few months ago. So, I didn't have the old R2 Solarforce lights that I would have liked to do a comparison with the Extreambeam.

Last edited: