Crelant 7G5CS

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
...isn't it enough to make you nuts.

...and no matter what you buy you know it's gonna happen.

but two days.. ouch :ohgeez:

I know right? My 7G5 V2 is still in the hands of USPS and already they come out with a better version...

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is still about a month out. There will be some others very soon.
There will be some added value given with the lights.

Not sure of price yet.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is still about a month out. There will be some others very soon.
There will be some added value given with the lights.

Not sure of price yet.

glad to hear that bro! :) wrote to Andy already to ask about the lights.

Tiresius

Enlightened
There isn't a huge difference in the v2 and the cs. The differences are the 3a vs 2.8 and the strobe is hidden. The low is actually noticeably low-low. Nonetheless, there's nothing there that'll give me roused up :D

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't a huge difference in the v2 and the cs. The differences are the 3a vs 2.8 and the strobe is hidden. The low is actually noticeably low-low. Nonetheless, there's nothing there that'll give me roused up :D

It will run on 4X CR123
There will be a pressure switch available

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Low output at 0.01A: 5 lumen max for 48 hours

Hmm... sounds like it should run much much longer than 48 hours at .01A

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im more curious as to how it looks. Will it look the same as the V2? Will it look better? :) At least the collimator head is interchangeable. I might transfer mine to this one. :)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the dimensions: length 145mm. Pretty short for 2x18650 flashlight.

jvmjr

Newly Enlightened
I am really glad I just saw this. I am thinking about buying my first nice thrower and was going back and forth between the Crelant and the SWM T40CS. They both have positives but if I understand the prerelease info on Crelant's website, there will be a switch up near the front end of the light? The side switch is what I am referring to. As you can tell from this being my first post that I am very new to the LED world but I am trying to learn fast. This site is certainly the place to do it! Thanks.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really glad I just saw this. I am thinking about buying my first nice thrower and was going back and forth between the Crelant and the SWM T40CS. They both have positives but if I understand the prerelease info on Crelant's website, there will be a switch up near the front end of the light? The side switch is what I am referring to. As you can tell from this being my first post that I am very new to the LED world but I am trying to learn fast. This site is certainly the place to do it! Thanks.

Yup, The CS series will have a side switch. Not sure yet but it may have full variable rather than fixed output levels. I should have more info over the weekend, Phoro's are not available yet I have only seen CAD drawings. It should be a very robust looking light.
There is also going be several other new lights.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the dimensions: length 145mm. Pretty short for 2x18650 flashlight.

I was thinking that too. Perhaps it is similar to the Eagletac M3C4 XM-L. The new version is driven at 3.5A and uses a U2 XM-L.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are lots of errors on the Crelant website.
It is probably going to be about the same size as the current 7G5.

jvmjr

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys know if the new version will have the two tube lengths? Meaning will it run off one battery as an option? I thought that was a cool option on the current version.